Tried meds, i trough them to the garbage

When I first was diagnosed with schizophrenia I was on 9 medications. I’m on four now. The Lamictal keeps mania at bay, or at least not as bad. Invega Sustenna works great for my psychosis so far, zyprexa was prescribed for sleep (which is useless because I’ve been awake for five days) and hopefully lexapro will give me more energy. I am able to function okay I guess. Much better now than I have all summer. I’ve had ups and downs since age 11 when I started hearing voices. (But wasn’t diagnosed with schizophrenia until age 24). I was diagnosed with psychosis NOS at age 16.

1 Like

thank you for shearing, i hope all thoes meds will not harm your budy,
some times the choic is from bad or to bad,
or madness or sickness,

How old was you when you started taking med?

I was 14 when I started taking zoloft. I was on that until 17. I started taking risperidone at age 22. Two years later at 24 I had a true psychotic break and was put on 9 medications. I don’t remember all for them but three were antipsychotics.

1 Like

Why they didn’t put you on antipsychotic at the beginning since you start hallucination at 11 years old? Did zoloft help your symptoms? You are very strong to try all those med. My son who is 17 now started hallucination last year but he refuse to take any med. I am so worry. How did you convince yourself to try med?

1 Like

can i try to help from my knowledge?
in many cases a teraphy sessions can help with this, i can say on my self, i had many years refuse to even think about meds, and now i am willing to try after a long teraphy, it is not eassy, ther is no eassy way, and session will help with time an patience and hope,
i can understand him. and this age is very difficuld also wit reasoning things,
and if he is in teraphy right now, be patiant

Thank you for your reply. He did try few therapists at the beginning but all of them ask him to take medicine so he refused to go therapist either. He think they are not helping either. I really don’t know how often he experience hallucinations because he never open up to me. He get really mad when I asked him to see doctor every time. He is too afraid to face this disease and the side effect of mad scare him away. He is trying to finish his senior year but I don’t think he can make it. I am just waiting for him to break down. I really think force hospitalization will be necessary in his case. It just too painful to see him suffer.

1 Like

oh, my teraphist dont tell me to take meds, actually it is never a sucses, i got to this idea in teraphy be my on with his smile,
this is very hard, the meds changes you, change who you are, and i must tell you also,
i finished my bechlor at art school with two excellence Scholarships with no meds,
it was hard, i was crazy, but i was the best in my clase and wanted to prove my self that i can.
dont underestimated in the power of the dpirit, ant not in intelligence,
to come to a place when you are taking meds for a long time needs work and a really good smart teraphist…
becaus after the hospital, if the understanding will not de inner, he will quite again!

My biggest fear is the med will do more harm than good. I know early treatment with better outcome but he need to accept the treatment first. I can’t push him on his med. All I know is that he has both visual and auditory hallucinations. I know those symptoms will be worse if not treated. I am living in constant fear and sadness myself because of his disease. Do you has hallucinations?

in stesfull times i have hallucinations yes, i have alot of simptoms, look. the meds is mot the only thing he need, and nobody can know his pragnosis so soon,
i have been seek for many many years, and what helps me the most is to know, hwo to live with that,not take drugs, i dont go yo parties because the andrenalin make my simptoms go los
its sounds that you are afraid but that fear can reflect on him and the denial be bigger,
i realy hope he will learn to live with it and even to enjoy from it, yes, there is also interesting stuff.
to live without meds on sz, meens that he need to learn from what to evoid and hwo to be cearfull.
it is posible, and leter after teraphy he can tack meds from his ooe free will

Thank you for spending your time to share your experience with me. I hope you will find your right med soon. Keep me updated.

1 Like