Schizophrenia.com

Tremors and blurry vision side effects

I’ve been getting this thing where I get this slight tremor in my leg when I sit still. Not like bouncing my leg but my leg actually quivers like a tremor. Also really bad blurry vision after taking my Geodon at night. I’m on the max dose now at 160mg but I take 120mg of that at dinner time and my vision got so blurry I couldn’t see and I got dizzy. It made it horrible to work. Please help with ideas. I think maybe I’ll have to take my Geodon before bed with a snack if it does that to me after dinner. But the tremors I don’t know about. I’m also getting stiff muscles.

I see my doctor tomorrow

My AP gives me blurry vision and tight muscles also but I’ve never had tremors. Probably another side effect of meds. Maybe get medication for it from your doc tomorrow? Benztropine maybe?

Or maybe your doc will decide to switch meds if it’s too bad.

It’s good you’re seeing your doc tomorrow so maybe you can get this issue resolved.

1 Like

Hey @Bowens @Hanna_Foxx. I used to get quivers, spasms in my leg which were uncomfortable. The nurse practitioner I was seeing at the time prescribed magnesium for them. Now that I’m on Abilify, I’m not having this problem. I haven’t had any problems with blurry vision.

2 Likes

Honestly, my blurry vision could be eye damage from when my diabetes was uncontrolled too…it might not be the AP. I’m on the same ap as you. Abilify.

2 Likes

My diabetes had been pretty well controlled. I’m getting ready to see my doctor again June 23rd.

2 Likes

I looked it up. I guess EPS is very common with high doses of Loxapine and I do take 75mgs a day. Plus Geodon can make you dizzy and blurry vision and cause tremors too. So I guess I know what’s causing it.

1 Like

Is there another option besides benztropine? I get nasty bad cotton mouth on benztropine

1 Like

Pretty sure there is…but I can’t name one offhand. I’m sure your doc can though.

1 Like
1 Like

So my pdoc said no to benztropine because she says it makes it worse in the long run. But she upped my Inderal to 40mg twice a day from 20mg and started me on 0.5mg of Klonopin for the akathisia she thinks it’s Loxapine causing all this tremors

2 Likes

Geodon gives me tremors. I take 50 mg of Benedryl every night for it. Really works.