Treatment resistant delusions -- only symptom

Anyone else the same? I definitely feel they are real or real in a past life/parallel universe. I’m totally in control and not psychotic.

I’m upping my AP or adding clozaril.

I’m going to therapy 5 days a week.

2 Likes

I had delusions that were treatment resistant but that’s not my only symptom

You keep fueling your delusions by reading sci fi crap.

And you’re wondering why they linger…

3 Likes

Yes.

Even normies can have delusions that would be considered ‘treatment resistant’ because they fuel them by reading more and more about the conspiracy or strange idea ending up engrossed and obsessed with it.

4 Likes

Yup and movies. I don’t read PKD for this reason lol.

Agreed 100%. I stopped and feel better. I’m just convinced something happened 8 years in college. I might have been better off and way less disabled but no one is listening or believes me. I feel traumatized but I need to move on. It is very hard.

Everyone told me to stop watching and reading conspiracy theories. It is not healthy and fueling my delusions. It makes even normal people sick.

2 Likes

I do have original ideas. I’m not regurgitating or mixing facts with my own memories 100%. Nothing can be proven.

For instance, I’ve seen the riemann hypothesis and published a paper on why tipping is inefficient in a past life. Can’t find that on the internet anywhere else. I have other examples too.

1 Like

My brother has alien and government conspiracy theories. He tells me about them and it puts me in a server delusional state. He says you never can prove it is not true. As for as I know he isn’t diagnosed with any mental health issues, but I wonder

1 Like

Yeah I have friends like this too.
Also have an extremely religious brother.
I try to avoid the conversations for the same reasons.

Like for us our brain can make those alien ideas come to life very easily. And normal healthy brain people don’t really understand that.

So taking a conservative belief approach to supernatural ideas is best for us. Or to ignore entirely.

Your brother says you can never prove it’s not true, but you can never prove it is true either. So just leave it at that with him. Let it be his belief not yours.

2 Likes

My stepdad thinks there are over a dozen different alien species currently involved with the Earth. I don’t believe any aliens are around us at all right now, and if they are, it won’t matter until they show up on the news. I cannot get him out of these beliefs. It’s not just aliens, it’s politics and satanism and child trafficking all kind of conspiracies involved with government officials from both sides doing horrible things.

It always strikes me that he’s the conspiracy theorist yet I’m the one with schizophrenia. I am the one hallucinating and failing to concentrate for long periods of time. I try to tell him, these beliefs are dangerous for schizophrenics, he doesn’t listen. He often tries to convince me that his beliefs are true.

He listens to this one guy on YouTube who just goes on and on about conspiracies and government coverups and I drown it out with headphones.

1 Like

My dad joked the other week when I told him I’m getting rTMS treatment, he was like ’ oh maybe you’ll end up hearing from aliens’
I’m like ‘i already have’ :joy: (referring to hearing voices claiming to be aliens)

I explained to my parents in major detail why those ideas are dangerous for people that have psychotic disorders. They understand now

1 Like

We used to talk about aliens casually together before I got sz. We even lived together for a couple of years, he was a lot better then. He had a dog that I walked every day and got really attached to. It’s just his beliefs run too deep lately that it’s not fun like it used to be.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice I will give it a try and not think about it so much

1 Like

One thing you can do is arm yourself with credible, correct information. I think this is vital.

and yes, try to stay away from conspiracy theories or 3am YouTube marathons down the rabbit hole.

3 Likes

I used to be into conspiracy and paranormal stuff. At the end of the day i was like “what can i even do with this information?”. I don’t really read about that stuff anymore though, it got kinda boring because it just started to all sound the same.

I will admit i do like talking about aliens though. The movies in particular get my imagination going, i used to sit on the outskirts of town and watch the stars hoping to spot a UFO when i was younger.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.