Trans issue

I’m going with, I came from the stork. :slight_smile:

Dumbo?

1 Like

Aside from the basic human rights violation of laws declaring which bathroom you can legally enter, there are unintended victims. I worked in special education for seven years. I worked with teenage boys. When we were out in the community, they would sometimes need help in the bathroom. Since I was their staff member, I would have to go with them to the men’s bathroom. Now, in North Carolina, I could be arrested for simply performing my job. Special needs kids and adults in North Carolina are now condemned to never go into the community, because they can’t physically use the bathrooms without the help of their staff members, who are female 85% of the time.

4 Likes

and why aren’t they going in the women’s restrooms with you? or family restrooms?

Because they are teenage boys with a limited understanding of appropriate social behavior. And because they get enough weird looks as it is. And because forcing them to use a bathroom they don’t identify with would be a human rights violation. And surprisingly few places have family/unisex bathroom options. Do I need to list further reasons?

2 Likes

Do I need to remind people that we have at least one trans member in this community? This is hugely disrespectful to her :rage:

4 Likes

ok, my son is special needs. I know it’s hard to get males in this field.

sometimes you can get a great male counter clerk at the swimming pool who will help. Don’t want to see anyone banned from the community.

The disabled roam the streets many times, without staff, and I worry about their safety.

I would get fired if I let some random guy at the pool change my student for me. That is how kids get abused!

ok. It’s customer service though, idk.

Saying transgender can’t use their genders (to which they identify with) bathroom for sex issues is the same thing than saying bi people can’t use both bathrooms. I agree with cj, it’s a human rights violation.

As for Jenner, she is looking for a place in the spotlight, but I think it’s for the right issues.

I have issues with the lgbt community being a bit elitist here, and I read that it’s like that everywhere, but that doesn’t mean I don’t support for anyone to to exist and live as they so please.

It’s no business of anyone if a person chooses to become a female because they feel like they are.

Opinions don’t matter, it’s they’re human right to do so.

3 Likes

No way in hell would I let one of my students go get naked alone with someone who hasn’t passed a background check. My students were all nonverbal and incapable of self-reporting. If you feel comfortable doing that with your own son that’s your business, but don’t expect other people to be so reckless.

Im afraid it wasn’t about unisexual toilets but those for people who identify themselves as neither male or female or both male and female…god it is so confusing these days :smile:

my main concern is locker rooms, women and girls getting out of swimming suits, naked, and ■■■■■ comes walking in and

chooses a locker right beside you.

best to do single occupancy restrooms, though we’ll be waiting over a half an hour to use them.

Would you forbid a gay kid to go into a locker room full of other male kids? Thats nonesense

4 Likes

my tender sensibilities while standing there naked next to ■■■■■, says “look out!”

but I’m a woman who will defend myself, often have.

I don’t follow Caitlyn Jenner at all, but I suppose she has to be a girly girl for the same reasons any woman might. I’m not a girly girl myself, so I don’t really get it :smile_cat: I’m pretty gender apathetic.

I did have a teacher in high school give our class a gender reassignment screening test, and he graded all the girls as if they were men wanting to transition to women, and all the boys as if they were women wanting to transition to men.

No one, not even the jockiest jocks, met the standard for recommendation for reassignment. It was kind of shocking. Gender dysphoria runs deep.

I honestly feel the bathroom propaganda is simply scare tactics. I suspect that a trans woman at any stage is far more likely to face violence in a men’s bathroom than a woman is likely to face violence from a male predator using an assumed trans identity to gain access to a women’s bathroom.

I’ve only met a few trans women in person, and I have to admit that it would seem weird and punitive to require them to use the men’s bathroom.

6 Likes

I have an issue with people being too goddamn oversensitive with the children’s sexuality. OK we don’t want some freaks running around our kids but kids do feel their sexuality and they will find the answers they need whether you feel like its appropriate or not!

Now, I had to move to the male’s room at my kids swimming classes because the Lady with two a bit older daughters felt like it is not okay for them to look at my kids exposed body parts. Which were not that body parts BTW.

1 Like

what? I’ve heard they all know all through childhood that they want to be the opposite sex,

are you expecting boys in high school who have no inclination to suddenly be open to sex change?

People with male parts go into the male washroom. People with female parts go into the female washroom. There should ALWAYS be a private washroom set aside for those who need privacy or for those who require assistance or have other special circumstances. The availability of a private washroom should be legislated in my opinion.

We get along and I hope we continue to get along because I automatically have mad respect for anyone who likes archery. That being said, I have strong feelings about people with male anatomy sharing a washroom or change room with my daughter. More importantly, my daughter doesn’t want to share a washroom with a physiological male regardless of how they identify. It’s a shame her feelings and comfort don’t matter. I support my daughter in this matter.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood what I said. I’m a woman, and my teacher graded my test as if I were a biological man who wanted to transition to being a woman.

The result was, my attitudes and identity were not sufficiently feminine to make me a candidate for reassignment from male to female. Likewise, the girliest girls in my class also weren’t feminine enough. The manliest guys were not masculine enough to be candidates for transition to men, if they had been born in female bodies.