Topamax and coming off of it

I know I’m not the only one here who takes Topamax. I take mine for migraine prevention. However, I started it long before I was diagnosed with sza, so I don’t know what effect it is having on my disease, if any. I want to be weaned off of it though. I know if really messes with my memory, and I would like to recover some of it before starting school. Besides, I don’t think it’s all that great at preventing my migraines. Has anyone else been weaned off of it? I have been on it for at least six years, possibly closer to ten. What do I have to look forward to?

I was on it and taken off. I don’t remember any withdrawal symptoms so you should be fine.

That is VERY nice to head. I was worried about withdrawal. I don’t want major issues. Lack o f sleep, nausea, etc. are not my cup of tea, ya know?

I was only on it for a few months. It gave me tremors, so I was taken off right away. I don’t recall any withdrawal, but it was six years ago and I don’t remember it well. Talk to your doctor about what you can expect.

It made me mean and aggressive so I had to be taken off right away. They put me on Zoloft again which it turns out is bad for bipolar.

I was on it for a few months and all it did was decrease my appetite; when I came off of it I was hungry again :joy:
Oh right, if also gave me anxiety :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.