Took my first tablet after three weeks

My GP just called me this evening. She is brilliant to call out of work hours, she called from home, she said she was really worried, that going to A&E (er) and these ups and downs were alarm bells so I needed to go back on my tablets and that there are alternatives but I need to take these for now. I mean right now I am fine but the next minute I don’t know how I’m going to be. Has anyone else with schizophrenia experienced these mood swings, panic attacks too? I am worried the panic attacks are signs of psychosis. However, I don’t have the thoughts that accompany this deep fear when I do have them. Can anyone relate?

3 Likes

i go into pychosis / anxiety all the time, but i don’t do meds…
this is what i do…
practice mindfulness, meditation
distraction ( bake food )
eat protein/ vegetarian diet
lavender oil
walk in nature
play with my dog
accept what is happening, not fight it.
i do one thing everyday to make me happy
a reliable support person
take care

3 Likes

what a great list - i think that would even work for some of us care givers too. thanks- paula

2 Likes

I got a panic attack this morning, and have been having waves of on off panic some other days - increased anxiety, hypochondria, irritability, moodiness - this means I am cycling, it probably means I need a second mood stabilizer

2 Likes

I would listen to your GP. Not many people can go off meds successfully.You MAY be one of the people that can’t. It depends on how you’re feeling. If YOU think you are relapsing. And your GP thinks you’re relapsing…then it MIGHT be time to take meds.

3 Likes

I know the flavor of panic attacks very well. I have had many in this life that have been set off by seemingly nothing. Even though panic attacks feel horrid and are completely exhausting, and they will cue my circus music… the sooner I can calm down the better off I am. Panic can be triggering. But getting calm, and talking it through will help me get level again.

Panic, Anger and over excitement have a bit of the same flavor and I do end up drained and shaken after an taste of one of those three. But for me it’s usually not a sign of emanate relapse, it’s more like a warning sign that the stress is too high and I’m just not strong enough at the moment.

1 Like