Too dEmotivated to go to work

I woke up at eleven am, all late, and I am still half sick, didn’t want to go to work. I tried to call in with my supervisor, but he convinced me just to try it and see how long I could last.

I feel demotivated in my work, lately. It’s uncomfortable to me now to be such a “life line to normalcy” for non-neurotypicals. I have to model good communication in a happy manner. It is exhausting putting on such exaggerated facial expressions for three four hours at a time, but it’s what they need, according to behavioral analysis. It doesn’t help that I have resting flat affect face and making expressions is a chore to me that demands focus and stuff.

Then, there’s dealing with their lack of motivation, too. Sometimes they’re all excited about working, sometimes not. It can be sad for me, trying to get them to come out of their shell and they just get more frustrated. :frowning:

I don’t feel well and I don’t feel putting on my hyper alert, emotionally energetic self is going to be easy.

Okay, I’m going to suck it up and go take a shower before the long drive out there (some days I work in a different city and I hate long driving on high speed roads, so that’s not helping either).

2 Likes

Even normies have off days (like you even mentioned). Maybe just go in, but take it easy, don’t push yourself so much.

1 Like

If you have to work, maybe you could find a job where you don’t have to interact with people so much. That was always torture for me too. I ended up on SSI.

1 Like

well it was all for naught–the person cancelled on me once i got to the door. :expressionless:
At least i did my part, though, and showed up all showered and fresh.