Tomorrow the winter solstice

To all you pagan witches out there, happy holidays …

To everyone else. Prepare for winter. Well it’s going up to 60 F tomorrow :neutral_face: so maybe winter will not come till April or May this year. Who knows :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Just realized for Australians, Africans , South Americans and maybe some Asians it could be the summer solstice instead :thinking:

1 Like

Tommorow is the mark of 29 years of the first time in 40 years Romanians from the capital (BUCHAREST) start protesting and yelling DOWN WITH THE DICTATOR.

A group of people from Timișoara (where protests started in the 16 and 17 and it was declared the first free city of Romania after a few days) gathered and walk into the capital to start the revolution… Such an excited day, among other feeling of euphoria and uprising my brothers and sisters also felt fear… Fear of failure fear of prison fear of death… Rip heros

3 Likes

That means the days will start getting longer. Yeah!

2 Likes

Lol. :joy: I wish I was a pagan witch :thinking:

1 Like

There is a large Wiccan community in Eugene, Oregon, and Winter Solstice is a big deal for them around here. Some of my relatives are Wiccans, and they invite me, and I attend and always have a good time.

The rest of my family celebrates Christmas, and I attend those gatherings as well. It seems like from Halloween through New Years there are just tons of parties and gatherings to enjoy. It’s a shame that some of them aren’t spread out through the rest of the year. But might as well enjoy them now. If someone invites me to a party, I go. And I usually have a good time.

1 Like

Their religions made some sense to me when I looked into them. In touch with nature is why they celebrate the solstices. I think it’s cool. You can argue about Santa Claus or Jesus existence or impact but you can’t deny that the solstice is really the real thing :laughing:

1 Like

I personally don’t believe in anything, so I just go to both parties just to hang out with cousins and friends and have a good time. But if I were to be religious, I would choose something like Wicca. It does make more sense to me, and it is a much older religion than Roman Catholicism, which is what my Irish relatives believe in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.