Tomorrow...procedure

Just wanted to let everyone know…even though I haven’t always been a regular on these forums for a while tomorrow I’m going in to have a mass on my thyroid drained. I had it appear two years ago and was hospitalized for three weeks and on a breathing tube for two weeks before they ever figured out what was wrong with me. That is why I’m nervous about this appointment tomorrow even though my parents tried to tell me it’s a simple procedure where they stick a needle in and drain the fluid build up. One never knows until it’s over.

So if I’m not on fora few days, this is the reason.

19 Likes

Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck! 1515

1 Like

Good luck from me too.

1 Like

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly!

1 Like

Good Luck! Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Best wishes @sohare1981

1 Like

Good luck to you! It doesn’t sound very pleasant but I hope you feel better because of it!

2 Likes

Good luck with the procedure @sohare1981

1 Like

I think you will be in good hands and well looked after and a greAt team working together to help you and fix this problem so you can feel better again.

Wishing you well and good health love and Kindness.

:pray:t3::two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ll be thinking about you, I hope all goes well. Have faith.

1 Like

Good luck @sohare1981
You’ll be just fine.

1 Like

Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly and that you have a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I’m just a bit anxious. But I don’t think it’s that big of a procedure, I think it’s done out-patient. You never know it happens though…

I’m sure your procedure will go smooth, and with no problems. :slight_smile:

Wishing you happiness and a speedy recovery.

:v: :pray:

2 Likes

I wish the best for you and pray for a smooth recovery. Be strong :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Good luck. My granny had the same procedure and it was pretty easy. I’m sure it will go smooth for you

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I saw some videos of what I think I’m having done tomorrow and it doesn’t look like that big of a deal. I had it done before, but I was so out of it in the hospital I didn’t really know what was happening…about every day they seemed to have me doing some kind of test or op. somewhere while they figured out what happened.

My mom told me tonight that the reason I was in the hospital for so long then was I had the mass on my thyroid and it apparently ruptured, and I got fluid in my lungs, because I also had bronchitis at the time, and the fluid in the lungs caused me to develop pneumonia as well, and at the time we didn’t know what was causing the issues. But now we know to keep an eye on this.

I’m gonna turn on some white-noise and read for a while to try and calm my anxiety/nerves down while I take my medication tonight. I have to get up pretty early in the morning, which I’m not used to. So I don’t want to get distracted and start playing my Sims 4 for hours, or watch many you-tube videos and lose track of the time…

1 Like

They didn’t do anything today, I have to go to the hospital and get it tested for cancer…he said it’s about the size of a baseball, and it is more than just liquid. So I have to wait for a call from the referral place and set up an appointment with the hospital.

keep us posted, we want to hear if you’re alright or if you need anything. My dad went through something similar and it’s scary for a while, but I hope in your case it’s not cancerous, my dads wasn’t and he was able to recover eventually. I will be praying for you, be brave, you got this :kissing_heart:

1 Like