Today my zirprasidone dose was lowered

i am pretty confused about this. It says everywhere you take Diazepam for up to four weeks, but I have been on it now since last November and the dose has gone up to 10mg 3x a day.

I raised this with the doctor, but he just said one thing at a time, sort the AP’s out first. I trust him, but I am not sure about this. He thinks we will have to drop 5mg every 3 months, so 18 months to come off it… Such a long time, but I literally felt like I was relapsing when he tried taking me off it before.

I only take what I am told, but I feel like I am dependent on it now :frowning: It doesn’t even clear my anxiety.

Maybe after 2 weeks of weening 5mg you will be doing so well that he will let you decrease the dose early.

But even if it takes 18 months, your health and wellbeing are very important. You have a great attitude with trusting your psychiatrist but if you ever feel off on something another doctor will be happy to see you!

1 Like

I hope so.

How has your dose lowering gone @Pixiedustqueen

It’s been three days since your original post, you still doing ok?

Yes it’s day three and I still feel normal! Sleeping good, eating good, no side effects!

2 Likes

Really pleased for you, I hope it all works out.

Wow it’s been 19 days. That’s crazy. Just talking, some symptoms are back but it is not nearly as bad as it was when I first started taking 20mg… that was like torture all might long from demons so I played the Bible on YouTube all night bad lol… this is like one lone star demon that literally has nothing better to do than wreak havoc on my nervous system? Bad when it’s time to sleep.

But last night was horrible… no sleep, voices, hallucinations, still no sleep… makes me want to up my dose right now lol. Don’t know if I should continue with how I’m going or fall back to what I know was a little easier on me… more meds.

When you realize you’re too personal

These things always happen on holiday weekends when we can’t reach our pdocs!

my opinion is, why suffer? Why put up with one demon when there’s help available? It took me six weeks of lowering my Haldol (with pdoc blessing) to get bad symptoms again. Had three psychotic episodes in a week and went back up to 30 pronto. It takes time for your levels to fall in your system if you’ve taken something for a long time. Maybe your body is telling you that 40 mg of Geodon is your dose.

I’m glad you posted, been wondering how you’re doing!

So how long were you back to being stable after you raised your dose once more?

I had a breakthrough last night amidst everything realizing 40mg isn’t a LOT lol. Medication is a blessing.

It took 3- 4 weeks to be truly stable again, unfortunately.

40 mg is not a lot, you’re fine on that! :slight_smile: