Today is 'Coming out day'

I’m not sure I’m ready to be out at work yet. And knowing how beuracratic this country is, I would need to have my name legally changed before they could change it in the million systems we have

1 Like

I live in California so we’re pretty accepting here. We often will also list our preferred pronouns if we’re introducing ourselves in a Zoom meetings where some of the participants may not know us, or we include preferred pronouns in parentheses after our username in Zoom meetings. The idea is to promote an open and accepting environment.

2 Likes

I’m a member of some Discord groups where basically all the members either have pronoun roles or put their pronouns in their nicknames.

2 Likes

Wonderful news @Pikasaur

Glad it’s going well for you. And your second draft was the bomb. You got this dude.

:rainbow:

2 Likes

Thanks bud :slight_smile:
I’ve got 30 “likes” or other reactions so far on my fb

4 Likes

Very insightful @Joker. All the best.

1 of my roommates told me he was gay. I didnt think any different of him. hes still the same funny good roommate I know. :smile:
congrats on the coming out.

3 Likes

i always thought your name miika was related to pikachu , piikaaaaa pikaaa :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations @Pikasaur!

We support ya, bud. :slight_smile: :rainbow_flag:

2 Likes

Haha, that didn’t even cross my mind!
Happy accident :smiley:

Thanks @Montezuma!

3 Likes

I just now learned it’s International Coming out Day. I thought you were just referring to yourself. lol

1 Like

My dad commented on my new profile pic that short hair really suited me, and he wanted to tell me he really liked my new names! He also said it was gonna take some getting used to that I no longer had the name he picked out for me, because in some languages it means ‘beautiful’ and he still thinks that fits :blush:

5 Likes

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

I’m so happy for you! :heart:

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Dads are often the hardest people to please. I’m glad your dad is supportive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.