Today i have been bad

have you had anything that is not good for the diet today?

I have had a raspberry jam and white chocolate muffin and two slices of half white half grain toast with butter

My Sis has been trying to get me to cut some of the gluten out of my diet. So I should not be sitting here eating this croissant with my 3rd cup of coffee. But she’s at work right now and I do feel a bit guilty now you mention it.

3 Likes

I’m still on gluten free. Its been tough.

At first I was super strict with it. But then it started making me depressed that I couldn’t eat any of my favorite foods. So I started giving myself 2 “cheat” days per month. I eat all my favorite foods like pizza and sandwiches. For 2 days only. And its made me SO much happier lol.

Oddly, I don’t feel any ill effects of eating gluten products on my cheat days. So I’m starting to take the gluten/paranoia link with a grain of salt. Perhaps its a placebo effect…

Nonetheless, the gluten free diet is much healthier than my regular diet. So I’m going to stick with it.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

My sis did a gluten purge and I hated it. Not even a cookie. So we compromised and agreed to switch to rice noodles, rice flour, and cut in other ways. I even lost a bit more weight… This scared me because we’re trying to get her to gain healthy weight. So then some stuff was allowed back in.

My sis is holding at 115. I’m pretty proud of her for this. There is still more work to do. But she looks so much healthier then when she was 97 pounds, at 5’10". I wonder if she has any idea how close she came to being put in the hospital and force fed.

1 Like

Yes, weight loss is an unintended surprise from the gluten free diet. When you analyze it, you really realize that it takes almost all carbs out.

I’m glad that you kept an eye on her weight loss and made some necessary changes. 115 is MUCH healthier!

You’re a great brother for helping her work on a healthy weight. Shes very lucky to have someone like you, who cares. Keep up the good work bud :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

radmedtech, I have to ask you what are the benefits of gluten free? I’ve been a vegan for years and am doing well with it. But, I am curious.

Chordy,

There were a few studies that indicated that gluten affected paranoia in schizophrenics. The studies found that gluten was converted to an opiate-like substance in the brain, and functioned as a stimulant–thus causing paranoia.

The studies found that, for a medium sized sample of study participants, going gluten free lowered their level of paranoia. But this was only found to be true in a subset of study participants, with no way of predicting who would respond favorably to the gluten free diet.

So I thought I’d give it a chance and see for myself. After the recommended duration of 3 months, I found that my paranoia had indeed lessened.

However, I’m quick to admit that this could be a placebo effect. So I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend the gluten free diet to anyone else. All I know is that its worked well for me, and has helped me lose weight.

So I’m sticking with it!

Blessings,

Anthony

3 Likes

I’m about to head out for a mocha and a bear claw. I woke up really hungry. It feels like just what the dr. called for.

1 Like

Lucky you! Those are 2 of my favorite things.

Jealous :wink:

Blessings,

Anthony

Thats not bad if you exercise. I eat eggs, toasts with butter and jam every morning but am very jacked, I lift weights intensely and consistently, so hard that I get faint during my workouts. Im following a program with no rest periods, one exercise to the other and high repetitions and yeah it makes me have to sit down and take a break. Then driving home that tired, stumbling to my car is scary but I am able to just drive and be safe

I don’t even think about gluten free. I love bread and so I will eat bread. I like Weetabix and I shall eat Weetabix
giving luxuries like that up is not the route for me to go down

After eating that bear claw and mocha I feel a little sick…Eggs with toast and butter sounds good.

I need to eat foods I am familiar with.

No, I’m following my diet pretty strictly.

Fried scallops and salad for supper fit two of my three diets. I’m kind of hyper about food today. I think it was that bear claw…

1 Like

The pharmacist I was meeting with (after you guys told me how helpful supplements can be) told be everyone should be gluten free, but because our bodies can’t handle the gmo’s. I did a little research though, (also my Dad is a farms and grows winter wheat some years) there is no gmo wheat in the US or pretty much anywhere else for that fact.

watch out batman your secret is out…
take care

2 Likes

Well, I’ve been eating cheesecake leftover from my birthday and other crap food. There went my diet.

Just whipped up a batch of fudge with my son :slight_smile: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/15821/aunt-teens-creamy-chocolate-fudge

this fudge is gluten free :slight_smile: http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/15821/aunt-teens-creamy-chocolate-fudge

1 Like