Tocilizumab shows promise for schizophrenia

Tocilizumab for inflammation has been trailed on schizophrenia and it greatly help with cognitive function with schizophrenia patience. It’s the latest news but I don’t know how to post a link, I just typed in schizophrenia news and it came up "novel treatment for schizophrenia, or something like that. Do u think the doctor will prescribe it to me cos I get inflammation in the head big time. Anyways what do u think, has anyone tried tocilizumab?

How can you be so sure that you have “inflammation in the head” ? What are your symptoms?

When I was on abilify this horrible kind of swelling in my head went away, I can only think its swollen like inflamed, it’s returning more after quitting abilify, I’m on resperidone consta now and the feeling in my head is returning. I was on resperidone before and I’m now back on it. Guess abilify was good for treating that, but abilify side effects were too much so I switched back to resperidone. It’s like a strong pressure above my eyes, or forehead. I’m sure it’s inflammation.

An Open-Label Trial of Tocilizumab in Schizophrenia

Hmmmm… here is more info, but its WAY, WAY too early for thinking that this is going to be a big help. I can’t find a single clinical trial - and only one write-up on it. Where are you finding a paper on this?

study here:

Wow - thats really early - they are in “PHASE 1” clinical trials - this is just a few people. Its interesting - but a long way to go, literally years best case.

Phase 1 clinical trail to determine the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of Tocilizumab (Actemra) as an adjunct to antipsychotic medications in stable outpatients with schizophrenia

Moved to Medications.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)