To learn a language

Maybe take a class and make friends to practice with them? Also travelling to a spanish country but thats more expensive. I took Spanish classes in college and university. I think the best way is to make spanish friends.

1 Like

Like Florida? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, I had a coworker tell me in 2015 or 16 that he moved to work in my state instead of Florida because he had to know Spanish to work there.

2 Likes

I meant like vacation.

2 Likes

Hola, mi nombre es Aziz y soy 32 aƱos. Me gusta el mar.

I hope I got it right lol last time I practiced spanish was before sz over 10yrs ago. It means Hi, my name is Aziz and I am 32y.o., I like the sea.

3 Likes

I learned quite a bit of Japanese vocabulary back in 2009 by using flashcards. One side had the word in English written on it, the other side its Japanese counterpart. It worked wonders. But this method didnā€™t seem to work nearly as well for whole phrases or grammar rules. In order to gain some conversational skills I used the Pimsleur audio lessons and I was satisfied with the result.

3 Likes

Lol now I want to practice my spanish here but mods donā€™t allow other languages than english :laughing:

1 Like

Japanese and Chinese are too hard. I am fluent in French, English and Arabic, can communicate simple stuff in Spanish. Spanish is a bit similar to French, some words are actually the same in both languages.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s because itā€™s your mother tongue?

A Moroccan colleague at work tried to teach me some Arabic and failed. The pronunciation was too hard for me. The writing too weird. I only remember Baba (father), Baab (gate) and Halezun (snail) lol !!

3 Likes

Yes those are right! Arabic is hard too as its writing style is completely different than english, french, spanish. Yes its my mother tongue I speak at home. I know how to write it too. Chinese and Japanese are too hard for me as their writing style is completely different from the languages I know.

3 Likes

Yes the Japanese writing system is based on the Chinese one, but they added 2 phonetic alphabets that are much easier to learn. Also, the Japanese sounds are closer to the Latin ones, my ear was able to adapt. But Chinese would be a nightmare for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.