To forum canadians. what are the highlights, most scenic areas of your country?

i would like to visit canada some day. what are the highlights? i was thinking i would enjoy vancouver, and brittish columbia. i’ve also always wanted to see the northern lights. i hear banff is nice, mom and dad have been there. what are your favorite areas of canada?

Here in Quebec, maple syrup in Cabane à sucre and poutine are popular. In cabane à sucre you see how they make maple syrup, then put it on ice so it becomes thicker and you can eat it with a wooden stick.

Poutine is fries, special cheese and sauce made from chicken broth and spices, slightly spicy. There’s a variety with added meat like chicken breast or steak.

1 Like

In the winter you can do ski and slide in car tires.

1 Like

quebec intrigues me. love maple syrup, the real stuff. don’t indulge on that very often, as it’s a little pricey. but when i do buy it, a bottle will last me a long time, as i use it sparingly.

would love to go skiing as well somewhere.

1 Like

I use maple syrup with crepes and oatmeal.
Its pretty good and healthier than sugar.
It has nutrients in it.

1 Like

sometimes i think about crossing the border in vancouver. and staying in canada for a few months to see how i like it. i heard immigration is encouraged in canada and a sanctuary country is this true? i don’t think i would stay real long though, because i don’t like prolonged lengths of cold weather. there are a couple places i know, where you can hike across the border on hiking trails. one in montana. are the cities nice?

1 Like

Yea they encourage immigration because population is low. Yea cities are nice. I have been to Toronto in Ontario too.

1 Like

In Vancouver, I enjoyed Metrotown when I was ok. Stanley Park is pretty fun too. Scenic.

1 Like

The Rocky Mountains are amazing. Love them so much. Live three hours away, but can’t get there this year because of COVID. Not good to visit right now.

4 Likes

Go deep. I had a friend in Detroit and we went into Windsor, Ontario right across the bridge. It seemed just like America. They took dollars. You didn’t even have to exchange your money.

Didn’t feel foreign at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.