To be thin again trigger warning

I’m taking it slow and steady, and my brain is trying to find ways to ■■■■ it all up again. I’m feeling better on the new med so my brain decides I need to diet. Sure no problem, but wait not just diet, starve myself! What is wrong with me? I want to be thin again and the temptation to be a waif is so mesmerizing, but I don’t want to die getting there. My old ways of losing weight are resurfacing.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it. I don’t believe people have much control over what weight they are, contrary to popular opinion. Just try not to eat junk food! Eat when you feel hungry! Really I don’t worry about it myself. Don’t torture yourself and do not try to restrict of what you eat!!!

2 Likes

Taking low amount of food is as bad as taking too much food, for burning fat body needs some elements that by taking too low amount of food you prevent it from having them,

So try a balanced regimen and stop ruining the healthy crave that your body have for foods it needs and try walking(how much you can),

2 Likes

I’m actually starting on a diet from today but I am a bit concerned that the stress on the body could make the voices come back. Maybe not. I am gonna get temporarily more depressed as my body adjust to the diet but I think it’s worth it I really miss my slim body that much.

1 Like

Also for me it will feel like starving at times just cos since I’ve been on APs I wanna eat like so much so my body is used to that but really I’m not starving I’m just reducing food amount and also type of food. Good luck wish u all the best just hope u don’t overdo it

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of diet causing voices to come back so hopefully not. I just want my HEALTHY body back so worried about long term health problems especially stroke which runs in my family n diabetes

1 Like

My mind has me thinking about eating one day and skipping the next.

If you’re struggling with disordered eating, would it help to see a nutritionist? They could help you find a plan that is healthy and sustainable, but still helps you achieve your goals.

4 Likes

I had a nutritionist once. As far as eating is concerned I know what to cut out and what to eat. She said I needed a diabetic diet since that’s the diet that works for me, since I’ve had diabetes before. But I keep wanting to just skip meals all together. My mind is making a fuss over it since I fall in the obese category for my height.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much. Do you have a therapist you can address these thoughts with?

2 Likes

Skipping meals is bad for diabetics.

1 Like

It’s going to be a while before I see her. But I will address this because I don’t want to obsess over this again.

1 Like

I’m trying to portion control so that helps. That way I’m eating something.

1 Like

Hey, Cici2, please don’t starve yourself. The meds won’t work as well if you do. Starving oneself can seriously ■■■■ up the mind. I’ve been there myself. Do you exercise?

1 Like

I run a lot. And I ran even more on Risperdal because I had akathesia and it gave me tons of energy. But it also made me more hungry. But fasting is all I can think about and I’m trying not to go down that slippery slope.

2 Likes

At least you are reaching out and realizing you are struggling. That’s great you run! Like someone else mentioned portion control can help. Please force yourself to eat. Even if it’s several small meals a day. This will help your mind and keep you from breaking down and getting both physically and mentally ill. Small meals about five times a day is the healthiest way to eat, btw.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! This helps motivate me to do things the healthy way.

2 Likes

Also think of your body as a car, you need fuel (food) for it operate… I learned the hard way too, so let’s eat healthily and the both of us can do it the right way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just Remeber that everytime you starve yourself you slow your metabolism… So later you’ll pack on the fat. Keep eating or you’ll look funny!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.