To all who take olanzapine or has formally used olanzapine

Ok thanks for your reply. So protein is that beneficial, thats good. Ill make sure i keep it in my diet and i dont want to lose muscle as well. Thats another reason i dont want to miss out on protein.

3 Likes

Ok yes it is so hard to lose the weight.

1 Like

Oh ok im in the states as well and i measure in pounds. I dont want to tell my weight but just know im big for my height and to be a woman. Im 5ā€™6 and a healthy bmi for me would be between 140-150 pounds. Im no where near that.

1 Like

If i didnt need olanzapine i wouldnt take it for these reasons but theres no other meds that can compare.

2 Likes

Whole foods plant based diet is said to be the best.

Lentils, beans,brown rice, oats,vegetables (frozen are cheaper n thatā€™s what I usually get),tempeh,tofu, vegan schnitzelā€¦.

I used to be on olanzapine and was a fatti even when I ate lite n easy and I only ate breakfast and lunch no dinner n still was very overweight.

Iā€™m a vegan for the animals.

But if you type whole food plant based diet on YouTube you will get lots of shows some from dr Neal barnard.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for your reply. So can i ask what medicine do you take now since coming off olanzapine? And also, you cant really lose weight while on olanzapine? Got it. Ive been on it for years and i dont eat much and im still big smh.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible to lose weight, but it involves sacrifices. Cut out snacks and processed foods and sugary softdrinks. Artificial sweetener isnā€™t good either.

I donā€™t think eating 1 meal a day necessarily will work. It might, but itā€™s also possible that eating 4 meals a day will benefit you more if you eat appropriate portions. People report different results, probably because of different dna and bloodtype. There are a many different recipes out there for losing weight, just got to find one that works for you. Eating snacks in between meals is probably a bad idea in most of them though.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, its so hard to lose weight on olanzapine. I need to talk to a dietian or something.

2 Likes

One of my besties is on olanzapine and has a normal weight but he only eats one meal a day and walks a minimum of a hour a day but was walking seven hours a day many days too.

He is so strict on himself but has kept slim or normal weight.

Iā€™m on latuda now.

It gives me anxiety and insomnia which I didnā€™t get on olanzapine but my weight gain was more on olanzapine.

Iā€™m still chubbier than normal on latuda despite lots of exercise n eating healthy.

2 Likes

Wow i do not do any kind of walking, although i know that would make the difference. I take latuda with olanzapine. No anxiety, and i sleep for at least 10 hours a night. No weight gain or weight loss, im at a constant weight whether i eat 1 meal or 3. I dont gain any weight or not losing any. This is awful.

2 Likes

I think it did for me. When I was on Olanzapine I gained 60 lbs. in 120 days. Thats a half a pound a day I gained. If I did that solely by gaining body fat I would have needed to have a calorie excess of 1,750 calories a day for 120 days. There was no way I was getting that many extra calories. Some people can gain and lose weight substantially by manipulating the fluids in their bodies, but that is hard on their bodies.

2 Likes

Wow. Ive come to the conclusion i am not going to lose weight on this med.

1 Like

The same med. can have very different effects on different people. Just do what you think is working for you. You might think about getting a little exercise, nothing to drastic, maybe walking or swimming. Try not to obsess over your weight. I donā€™t think it helps. Find pleasurable things to do that help you burn calories.

2 Likes

Great advice. Doing something i love will make it even more easy to lose the weight.

2 Likes

I can tell you that gender doesnā€™t matter with olanzapine. I gained a lot of weight on it this time around I am on Lybalvi which is olanzapine and a weight loss stimulant I donā€™t remember the name but it was something like samamorphine. So far been on it for two months and am still fighting the same four pounds up and down.

1 Like

Wow, olanzapine is just a fattening drug :flushed: i cant wait to find something better.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.