To all the schizoaffective peoples

I’m kinda scared after coming out of hospital how frequently I will get this. How frequent are your episodes? Do you ever get free of symptoms? I seem to have one symptom and that’s paranoia that people don’t always like me, but its mild and mostly justified and not delusional, I really think people often don’t like me.

3 Likes

I was able to figure out I had delusions but it took many years. Then when I found out I had delusions my paranoia went away. Now I just have negative symptoms that I deal with.

I hope they can give you the right med(s) to help you stay stable @anon80629714.

4 Likes

I think I am free of symptoms but have spikes it levels of anxiety, but i don’t want to take antidepressants anymore. I would not risk that again.

3 Likes

I play video games to take my mind off of anxiety. They also helped me to not focus on my depression when I used to be depressed. If you don’t want to be on an AD maybe you can find things to distract you from your symptoms.

3 Likes

They also have lights you can use and vitamin D for depression. The lights are good during the winter when people get the winter blues.

1 Like

As long as I’m on my meds I have minimal symptoms.
5 years ago my doctor switched me to a different AP and I went nuts!

I was involuntarily hospitalized two times within a month period for 5 weeks.

3 Likes

That’s the same for me too.

3 Likes

I wrote anti government propaganda for a year. I plastered it everywhere and would hand out papers to people. Then I had a psychotic break. I thought the government was sending me coded messages everywhere I go to drive me crazy to discredit me. I believe this everyday, some days more than others. They diagnosed me as schizoaffective depressive type. Some days I can’t tell what’s real, but most days I can still find some enjoyment. I no longer choose to compare myself with an ideal what is a good life scenario. I just live my life. There’s pros and cons to everything. I try everyday to make my life have more pros than cons. I use to cry a lot because I felt sorry for myself. I was grieving my past life. I’ve finally accepted my life, the good and the bad.

5 Likes

I have schizoaffective. I don’t really have symptoms anymore though. I was diagnosed at 21 but had few if any symptoms. I withdrew from friends in my 20’s. I wasn’;t crazy though. It started at 23 I thought that Dan Brown was sending me messges through the car radio. All kinds of stuff. I was smoking a lot of pot and spending time alone just going for long drives. Then my late 20’s were crazy. I would and still do become reclusive for long periods of time and then get out of the house and hangout with a girl. That hasn’t happened in a hwile though. I don’t know. I was sane in my 30’s for the most part. I went to the state hospital for a year because my mom lied to the doctor about things I didn;t really say. That was recent. Now I don’t have any symptoms.

2 Likes

I have been diagnosed sza. The men never stop following me. I don’t believe they’re a hallucination because meds don’t stop it, no matter how high the dose and how many meds I’ve already tried. But I’m no longer depressed so that’s good

2 Likes

im just tired.i somtimes i feel down,but my main problem is memory,i forget things alot.also i suffer from i think they call it word salad.i dont make sense most of the time.its like suddnely my mind is blank.no words no thoughts transmitting to my brain.nothing.its awful.

You can get better. Its just really bad when many thoughts and emotions are hitting you and you dont realize how far gone you are and dont know what sane is like. Im having clarity tonight, just settling down, realizing my thoughts are wierd and everythings wierd. You got to find a good medium.

1 Like

Does psychotic depression count? My last episode was 2 months ago. I didn’t go to the hospital.

1 Like

what video games do you play,is any good ones for anxiety.or schizophrenia or wateva.like wat relaxes you most.

I have episodes when I stop taking medication… my audio hallucinations are there all the time just lower on medication… thought broadcasting is there but not as bad as when not taking medication…

3 Likes

I have symptoms still. Not as bad as they use to be. The biggest problem is when I’m anxious or over stimulated even. I get confused often when people tell me multiple tasks or I confused them when I don’t describe something in a familiar way to them

3 Likes

Exercise is a treatment for anxiety and depression. And once upon a time, people thought full spectrum lighting helped with depression.

3 Likes

I mostly play Lego Xbox games.

1 Like

I’m never free of symptoms. Between depression and psychosis, I always have either one or the other

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.