Tired of anhedonia, lack of motivation and aripiprazole

I’ve been taking aripiprazole for about 3 years, 10-15mg. I’m sick of it now, and i’m thinking of changing it.
I’m blaming this med for deeper anhedonia and general flatness in thinking.

My question is should i ask my pdoc to change ap. Maybe go back to olanzapine, even though it made me really fat. Or should i ask for quetiapine? This ap sounds mild in comparison to others, and that’s what i need.
Note that i’ve fully stable for about 4-5 years, just somehow too much stable…

2 Likes

anhedonia is your illness there isnt really any med that can help with that yet.

1 Like

If olanzipine made u overweight won’t that also contribute to a feeling of flatness? I wud try something new and hope it’s the best yet

I must have tried like 20 supplements so far. I made the stupid mistake of taking several at once. But I notice I feel pleasure and emotion more than ever since I’ve been sick.

1 Like

Well i don’t know. I feel aripiprazole makes some of my symptoms worse, even though it helps with positives.

I’ll say everything to my pdoc and let her choose.

@insidemind what supplements? I would like to hear about your cocktail…

1 Like

I’m sick of abilify too. But I’m not sure if it’s abilify or the disease. The lack of motivation is really getting to me.

3 Likes

Anhedonia is the direct consequence of the dopamine blockade, at least in my case I never ever experienced anhedonia before meds…

3 Likes

From what I recall, a few that I tried that might have helped with lack of emotion/pleasure were:

Aniracetam, pregnenalone, NAC, sarcosine, l theanine, magnesium taurate, ashwagandha, and sodium benzoate.

Some of these have been studied. Some of them increase dopamine like aniracetam. I wouldn’t recommend aniracetam but I don’t regret trying it. I used it for boosting memory and cognition. There was a mood and relaxing effect too.

Ashwagandha helps with ED too.

2 Likes

I wanted to open new thread about switching to quetiapine, than forum reminded me of this thread…

So i asked my pdoc about quetiapine and she said it’s probably to weak for me. I didn’t insist any further than, but now i’m reading about it and i’ve learned that it is about the same efficacy as aripiprazole. Some of the bigger research says that quetipaine is good for stable sz, not so good for acute symptoms.

Problem is i don’t have many other options except to try quetiapine. Clozapine, sulpiride, haloperidol, hlorpromazine, fluphenazine, olanzapine, risperidone, paliperidone, ziprasidone and aripirpazole and quetiapine are available in my country. Mostly older antipsychotics and from the newer ones i tried olanzapine and risperidone already.

My question is - are there anyone who is stable and switched to quetipaine/seroqel? What is your dose?
How do you feel now when it comes to negatives and cognitives?

@kuckuckuc

Have you ever tried Zoloft/sertaline?

Actually no. I’ve tried most of ssri and now i’m on duloxetine and tianeptine. But not sertraline.

1 Like

Pregnenolone has been used with some success to treat this, carful with it though can cause anxiety and achne

1 Like

https://twin.sci-hub.tw/d862db7a8fe66761019987df2128e1f0

Also sarcosine, mindfulness and meditation, cbd, and l-theanine have helped a lot.

1 Like

Thanks man, i was just recently reading about pregno. Definitely gonna try that one, when i get into the money.

1 Like

Long story short : I switched to seroquel from abilify. Seroquel was too weak. I was on 600mg. I’m back on abilify 15mg now.

1 Like

■■■■ 1515151515

Sertraline causes lack of emotion so don’t try that just incase. Unless you need it for other reasons.

Go to your closest real doctor explain your anxiety or if you have pain then pain to him and tell him you tried gabapentin for it and it helped.

Those things are miracles for me gets me up and out other when I’m manic

1 Like

I take Quetiapine brexpiprazole and Sertraline and I’m pretty stable and motivated to do some things

Hi guys!
Just yesterday i asked my pdoc AGAIN about quetiapine and she AGAIN said big no.
So i’m now on 7,5mg of aripiprazole but somehow i doubt lower dose will remove blockade i feel with this ap.
I’m out of options, since reagila won’t be available in Serbia for a while.