Time to come clean - sorry I lied to you guys 😢

I told everyone here my recent reduction in quetiapine was approved by my doctor.

It wasn’t

In fact I told no one including my nurse. I also claimed my depot was also raised. It has stayed the same.

Sorry guys for lying. I didn’t want to let you down.

The reduction was an unmitigated disaster. Am back on full meds but am a paranoid mess now. I got it in my head that my support worker was passing my notes onto the head nurse who in turn was reading them to the department of work and pensions.

Everywhere I look I see undercover benefits agents. I have a spreadsheet with all the makes, model and registration of the cars that park outside my house. Bit weird huh?

Am slowly improving but feel so foolish and guilty for deceiving folk.

Do you guys forgive me?

22 Likes

I forgive u jimbob

1 Like

This place is our safety net, our safe haven… our last resort… you know that don’t you Jim?
Being honest here is of utmost importance, otherwise the feedback becomes skewed and therefore useless.
I personally forgive you, but please please don’t make a habit of lying here :slight_smile:

It’s in your best interest…

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it, lots of people here change their medication without asking the doctor first.
Also it is up to you what you tell people on here, but they can only help you according to what they know about you.

1 Like

I forgive you too.

1 Like

It’s good that you’re being honest now. That’s the first step on the road to getting better again. You should try to see it as a warning in the future if you decide to lie here. There’s no reason. If there is a reason that’s a sign something is wrong. Try to learn from the exp and you’ll be better for it in the long run

2 Likes

You’re forgiven Jimbob! Things will return to normal soon.

1 Like

It’s ok @Jimbob.
Your intentions were good.
We forgive you I’m sure.

1 Like

Wanting to come down on meds isn’t a crime, it’s simply oftentimes a mistake many of us make and learn from. I’m sure you will learn from this and move on in soon time!!! I forgive you jimbob!!!

1 Like

its ok @Jimbob, dont worry, i am sure we have all done things like this before or similar (i know i have) its not your fault bc your just trying your best in these unfortunate circumstances we find ourselves in.

1 Like

It’s brave of you to come clean @Jimbob The important thing is that you were able to recognize that your med reduction wasn’t working and that you went back on the med dosages prescribed by your pdoc. I hope your feelings of paranoia get better soon. Take care!

5 Likes

This was a really brave post, @Jimbob. I’m impressed.

I hope you bounce back quickly from this, and I really hope you can find an effective treatment level that you’re at peace with. You’re the best of eggs, and I’m so sorry you’re suffering right now. Keep the blinds drawn for a few days, get some sleep, and add a page to your spreadsheet where you list reasons those cars might be out there that have nothing to do with you - even if you don’t believe a word on that list.

3 Likes

It’ll be OK @Jimbob. I just have a feeling.

1 Like

You’re forgiven.
We’re all friends here!

1 Like

Hope you recover and take care of yourself… I am not sure why people need to tinker with their meds :confused:
Are you doing okay now?

1 Like

don’t worry @Jimbob I’m glad you were able to get help !!

1 Like

i have decreased seroquel before without approval from the pdoc and it was okay anywhere from 400-800, i was on an unnecessarily high dose to begin with (800mg) w/ 2mg rexulti. That is too much medication! i tinkered with the meds because they made me feel bad. after i went down i went back up if things got bad. sometimes small dose adjustments can be made without the approval of a doctor. some doctors are more liberal than others when it comes to this.

i was on xr mind you, so what i did was safer as a smaller amount of medication is in your system at any given time. with ir (which you are on) i wouldn’t risk it, you would really feel it.

1 Like

You’re still an appreciated poster in the forum Jimbob. I forgive you. I know how it is to want to live life without meds. I think most of us do.

1 Like

What bothers me isn’t that u lied, but that we r scary to tell the truth to

Glad your back on the meds. Paranoia is a cruel master!

1 Like