Schizophrenia.com

Time is off

Okay some how my body has gotten used to staying up at night when I should be sleeping, and sleeping during the day when I probably should be up. Any tips on how to readjust your internal clock to sleep like a normal human being? You know at night like most people do, not during the day…

Set an alarm so you only sleep 3-4 hours. This way you will be tired a lot sooner. It will shorten your sleep cycle so it will eventually sync up. Then just go back to sleeping your normal amount of hours.

Also, light stimulates you to be awake. So no TV or computer at night.

Though personally I prefer to be awake at night, it’s less stimulating than during the day. For some reason I feel safer at night too. There’s no rule that says I have to be awake/asleep during certain hours of the day.

I don’t either except I worry I might keep my parents up, they both work full time jobs and I try to be as quiet as I can but often times when I try to do something quietly it tends to sound ten times louder than normal…so I was just looking for some advice so I don’t bother them too much.

it’s called slepp hygiene works for some. i take a very different tack. many times sleeping during the day lets us avoid the outside.