Time is a thief when you're undecided

It’s a line from an old song. But it’s so true. The last 5 years that I’ve been off work are just gone. They are a blur. I don’t know how I could have let 5 years slip away like that. Everyday just goes by with me stuck in this half asleep state. I can’t wake up and accomplish anything of real value.

I want to turn over a new leaf. Today I’m making a list of things I can do to move forward to start achieving some of my long term goals like losing weight and quitting smoking and basically getting my health back on track. Everyday I’m going to do something on my list no matter how hard it is to get motivated.

And as far as mental health goes I will do what I can do to help my anxiety like going for walks and meditating and writing down my worries to get them out. I’m on track as far as taking my meds regularly so that’s one thing I have been doing right and I’m proud of myself for that. I guess that’s helping me be ready for the next step in getting back to my old self.

I have big changes coming up in the next year and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out. My son will be graduating come summer and heading off to college. I will be moving from the desert to a small town on the Oregon coast. I can’t wait, I’m ready to go now. But while I’m waiting my number one goal is to become a non-smoker. So wish me luck.

11 Likes

this really helps to put it out there

but I would also say, be realistic

about all you can do. I quit with the gum,

but I started up again, and it’s a problem.

Do you have a dog that you could be with for short runs?

I could stand to lose about 10 or 15 pounds

and I love our trails here. Good to stay motivated.

1 Like

also, I think this song is a Rod Stewart song

I have mixed feelings

because his are definitely over played on the radio.

1 Like

I’m a bit of a fan of rod stewart. The song is Young Turks I think?

1 Like

Didn’t you quote The Rolling Stones the other day.

Talk about overplayed on the radio :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jk I love the stones.

I’m listening to gimme shelter right now.

2 Likes

Good luck @Leaf

1 Like

Cool! I think you will love living in Oregon. Especially on the coast. I live in Eugene, Oregon, so I’m not that close to the coast, but I try to get over there to see it whenever I can, especially during the summer months because it is never hot on the coast. The transition from living in the desert to living along the Oregon coast will be quite dramatic for you. I hope you enjoy it.

4 Likes

I was in love with Rod when I was a young girl. Yes it’s from Young Turks. Good memory.

2 Likes

It’s good that you’re taking your meds faithfully. It also sounds like you have some really good goals ahead of you. Good luck in fulfilling them all. Just take it one day at a time. You’ll get there.

2 Likes

There are the what not to do’s and the what to do’s. Some plans are action and some plans are inaction. I hope you find a balance. It’s quite a challenge to live your own life to the fullest.

1 Like

I loved Rod Steward as a kid but I thought his name meant he was a steward of a rod and then I thought well I’m kind of a Rod Steward too because I have a rod I take care of

that’s somewhat disturbing

Sounds great. I quit smoking last February. Why are you moving?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.