Schizophrenia.com

Thoughts on the afterlife and such

Hi, ever thought about what an afterlife would be like? I sometimes feel as if I can still hear my relatives and friends who have passed on and it makes me feel like God is at work…

2 Likes

it would be nice if there was one. I don’t know if there is or isn’t. I used to look at astral projection forums and they, despite being able to astral project will tell you that it could easily be a trick of a living mind as opposed to some soul leaving the body, despite how real it seems.

nobody knows. some people just believe there is or isn’t. some people like me prefer to just not believe like that, and just say ‘I don’t know’

2 Likes

I’ve been visiting a lot of near death experience web sites. Most of those people say that what they experienced when they came so close dying was euphoric beyond words. One girl said it was better than all the good feelings you’d had while you’re alive put together. I think about ninety per cent of near death experiences are like that. Some of them are hellish beyond words. They say they wouldn’t wish that on Adolph Hitler or Joseph Stalin. One woman who tried to commit suicide said that when you do that you still have to resolve the issues that caused you to do it, so you’re not escaping when you try that.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s really interesting. I wondered if it would be faith related or just spiritual… I hope even sceptics are safe! :blush:

I have a deep belief of reincarnation… I have a feeling… the core of the energy that makes me will come around again.

1 Like

reincarnation would be my worst nightmare. I watched a documentary about Buddha, and apparently (I’m probably wrong) the whole point of his teaching is to get out of the trap of reincarnation.

1 Like

near death experiences are indeed very different from astral projection. they can have major life changing effects on the people who have them. astral projection not so much.

1 Like

Most of experiencers of near death experiences say they are spiritual. A lot of it seems to depend on the beliefs and expectations of the experiencers. They say that it feels totally real, though. They strongly deny that it is something just cooked up by the brain to lessen the pain of death.

2 Likes

I have it filed under: I’ll worry about it when I get there.

I’m the parent of an active teenager. I have enough things in the present to worry about without borrowing trouble.

Pixel.

2 Likes

I believe in an afterlife…ofcourse it depends on what you believe where you end up when you die IMO.

1 Like

My daughter posted this to her Facebook page this week…

Pretty sure my elevator is going down!

(That’s all right, parties are more fun when you have friends there.)

:blush:

Pixel.

Don’t think anybody goes down so to speak. Just hopefully there is an onward destination…