This is not fair!

My husbands ex wife makes $40,000 per year at her full time job, and gets $1000 per month from my husbands disability survivor benefits for their daughter. Yet, she qualifies for Medicaid and food stamps. Her family size is only two people. It’s not fair! We make way less and get nothing! Is she scamming the system? And if so, how?! They check your bank accounts and everything. Why does she get the help and we get none?! We apply every year and only get the spend down, and nothing else.

2 Likes

We didn’t get food stamps for many years.
Then my GF’s daughter called and said the law had changed and we were eligible. We get food stamps now, but we would be in serious trouble if that ended. My GF’s ex-husband used to help us with a little extra money per month. He had to stop when Covid hit and he does not have enough anymore to offer further help.
So right when we got some extra help, we also lost income.
I don’t know how we do it, but we usually manage each month to pay our bills.
But we almost never have a dime left at the end of the month.

2 Likes

@eighteyedspy23 I’m happy for you that you’re getting food stamps. I’m especially happy for you that you are managing to pay your bills.

2 Likes

Thanks @CoCo.

1 Like

40,000 isn’t much… maybe not enough to support for her dependents

We have a 4 person family. We make $30,000. She gets a total of $52,000 a year with survivors benefits. She has a 2 person family. We don’t get help but she does. It doesn’t make sense. We are way poorer than she is

2 Likes

You are dwelling in rich countries. I live in China and I get a salary less than US $ 2,000 a month.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.