This is mean

I thought I was the only person around that called Jesus Yeshua. I learned it while delusional. I hope you don’t mind me asking but are you a Jewish Christian? I only ask because that Yeshua is the Jewish word for Jesus.

I understand what your saying, and I do agree, still.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The explanation is rather lengthly. I am more than willing to invite you to read the following paragraphs.

Source: Official Website of Jehovah’s Witnesses

1 Like

It seems that your answer is substantially saying that God lets us learn from our mistakes. The problem with that is that suffering often falls heavily on people who haven’t made mistakes. The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. In the movie “Slumdog Millionare” there is this man who collects children from the slums of India, cripples them, and then sends these children out to beg for him. He takes the money they got from begging. (They did that in Victorian England too.) These children have done nothing wrong. All the wrong is done by the man who blinds them or cripples them. Why do the children have to pay for his sins while the man who cripples these children thrives? This isn’t fiction. This is factually true. I might accept the argument that the Lord moves in mysterious ways, except that the intensity of much suffering cancels any possible benefit. Someone getting third degree burns over eighty per cent of his body is too harsh. What good could come of it? Someone might say that it teaches us to feel compassion, but why does it have to be so bad for the person with the burns? Compassion can do very little to ease his pain. Then, according to some religions, God allows us to experience intolerable suffering for eternity if we commit even minor sins. No one deserves to burn for eternity. (Except maybe for Hitler, Stalin, and Mao Tse Tung.) You say that God doesn’t prevent suffering so we can have free will. Suffering prevents free will. No one would willingly suffer the pain of cancer. God gave us a body with an enormous capacity to suffer, a belly that needs to be filled, and a sex drive that does more to torment us than enhance us. Then, if we commit even a minor sin, God condemns us to intolerable suffering for eternity. That is not free will.

Thank you for letting me know your opinion.

Please be assured that the teaching of eternal suffering in the intorelable hell is not scriptural. What the Bible really teaches is, as we read in Romans 6:23
“For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.”

And the truth about the dead can be found in Ecclesiastes 9:5
“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.”

The fact is everyone inherited imperfection from our ancestors, Adam and Eve. Romans 5:12
“That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.”

But God has never abandon us. John 3:16
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”

The Bible foretold in Revelation 21:3,4 what our future will be like.
"With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

You’ve obviously read the Bible more than I have. You hear about hell fire and damnation so much from fundamentalist Christians that I assumed there must be a lot said about it in the Bible. Now that I think about it, this book doesn’t say that much about hell. A lot of Christians sure emphasize it, though.

1 Like

I am glad that you had decided to rethink about it. Thank you for your compliment, my Bible knowledge is the result of studying the God’s Word with Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are offering it for free worldwide. You can request it through their Web site at jw.org, too.

What if we should not only have faith in God that he will stop evil and misery, but that rather God has faith in us that we will stop it ourselves?

There is a lot of misery that isn’t mad made and that we can’t stop. A typhoon hits Bangla Desh and leaves a million homeless. Twenty-five-thousand die in a tsunami. A hurricane kills thousands and leaves thousands homeless. An earthquake in Tahiti kills hundreds of thousands. I could go on and on. Humanity is killed as much by things it can’t control as it is by things it can.

I do not go to church and have studied online. Some studies include the Voice of the Martyrs online classroom–where I have had indepth studies in the purpose of prayer and all studies are free, Stephen Armstrong’s Verse by Verse Ministry in podcasts–he makes you feel like you are right there in that time–. I have also read secular books and other types of religious books that reference to YHWH. Such one being The Construction of Homosexuality by an author who supports homosexuality but will not denigrate the Faiths. In that book, which begins in pre-history, women did not have much respect, except for in the Hebrew faith.

To answer your question, I am not a Jewish Christian. I was just taught Yeshua’s name is Yeshua. Oh–but I do warm to the folks over at the website Light of Zion.

you are born …you die.
inbetween those two points you do alot of thinking…
there is no right or wrong there just ’ is '.
take care :alien:

1 Like