Schizophrenia.com

This friend of mine again

Now she broke up with her boyfriend and refuses to come to my birthday…
It was just going to be the four of us, but he couldn’t go because he will be working and she doens’t want to go because she’s depressed.
Just one friend left and she says she’s going, so it might be just me and her.
I get it. When I’m at my worst I don’t show up also and lost a bunch of friends because of that. People just got tired of invinting me to stuff because I wouldn’t show. At least she’s honest about it, although I think it’s a bit selfish, it’s her life and her decisions. I just came to Amsterdam to get away from the drama and the drama followed me. In a way I’m not even angry she’s not going, just sad about the situation. Her boyfriend is a really cool guy, and my friend also.

And I’m still stuck at the hotel still sick, but better. I think tomorrow I’ll be alright. At least I have tickets to the Van Gogh Museum and I have to go, fever or not. Today I stayed inside, and I’m feeling much better.

Thank the cosmos for this forum, or SzAdmin :smile:

Thanks for reading, any input is appreciated :heart:

4 Likes

Sometimes normies don’t act like normies. They have their moments too. Be the bigger person. Forgive and forget.

She’s an undiagnosed borderline with severe codependency issues. I forgive, I forgive.

1 Like

Very few people ever get to see an actual van gogh original painting, that will be cool!

1 Like

I never have things to say about these things because I’ve never had a problem with people abandoning me. It’s been mostly healthy departures for me. I’m glad you have the mind to see things from her perspective, that’s a quality I find rare these days.

1 Like

Yeah I think so too. I already went to the Stedelijk Museum, there’s some Picassos there, a Lichenstein, and others. Very cool. I’m an art lover, not so much of contemporary art though, nowadays it seems like people don’t have talent for masterpieces, just talent for incoherent babble. Like that “art” piece that the maid thought it was junk and cleaned it up for example… A lot of things pass by art nowadays and it’s not.

1 Like

It is certainly sad if any of the group member cannot come, as we always have the tendency to share our happiness with others.

IMO, it matters most if your friends offer help when you are in great trouble or in danger.

1 Like

I’m in the ‘I don’t know much about art but I know what I like’ club. I know people hate people who say that, but that’s me! :smile:

1 Like

Hah… people are able to find other valuable things as well in the garbage bin, such as money, the Bible etc.

Oh no, I think that’s the best kind. Art connoiceurs are so boring.

1 Like

I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the rest of your stay.

1 Like

Thanks @Ish :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday Minnii! Xoxo

1 Like

Not yet! It’s on the 30th :smile:

1 Like