This december will make my 10 year sz anniversary

of course i was unmedicated the first 5 years. but yeah i was diagnosed 9 december’s ago, this coming christmas season will be my 10 year anniversary of being diagnosed schizophrenic, which has now been changed to schizoaffective bipolar type.

3 Likes

i was in the hospital for christmas that year i remember, missed all the holidays, didn’t get out of hospital until march or april.

they prescribed me meds of course, but i wouldn’t take them. risperdal was the first med i was prescribed. now on invega,

the first 5 years flew by, but ever since i found this forum, my days tend to drag, and i spend alot of time on the couch instead of trying to hike 2000 miles to california lol. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I got my bipolar dx 10 years ago. Time Flys 🪰

1 Like

You made it!!
Cheers

1 Like

I’m just wondering how you remember your anniversary myself. I’m not even sure of the exact year I was diagnosed, let alone the month. I was too preoccupied with my delusions to pay attention to the date I guess.

2 Likes

well i remember it was around christmas and i know i just turned 27 that november. and this november i will be 37, i had to go back and retrack when i wanted to open an ABLE account, but realized i wasn’t diagnosed until age 27 not before my 26th birthday to be eligible.

also i remember the baltimore ravens won the superbowl while i was in hospital, which was in february 2012

2 Likes

i lost all track of time… i don’t remember when i was first in psych ward and such. I know it’s been a long time but i don’t know how long if i don’t check the papers from the psych ward. i think it’s been like 10 years too…

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.