Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement

1 Like

A long but intelligent article, didn’t quite read all of it as it seems to be aimed at Americans, but the conclusion seems to hold water. Time to limit the culture of lobbyist spending, and make things about people and ideas instead of money.

1 Like

Afraid I have to go with Krishnamurti on stuff like this: Educate your self to do what is best for you. The reason I say this is that Big Pharma has sooooooo much money, it just buys the legislators and regulators right and left. It’s fine to squack and support politicians who (say they) want to do something about corruption like this. But having been in The Game since '87 – when all the same noises were being made – I don’t think the movement that seemed to grow out of Listening to Prozac and other informed books and articles will ever have that much effect… on the politicians and drug industry. At best these movements warn those who pay sufficient attention to educate themselves and stop depending on politicians and regulators to play “rescuing parent” for them.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you quite understand @notmoses or have read the article. These opportunities to root corruption out of the system come along once in a while, and it is best to take them and support them to the fullest extent you can, unless you want money interests to keep overruling democracy, and lose the ability to have a say in the future.

1 Like

The vast majority are plugged into the money cult in some way - they won’t/can’t see any different.

“When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money.”