Thinking of doing swimming from 13 April, when Lockdown rules allow it

Swimming is the only sport I really like, was a very strong swimmer at one point, used to be a nice closed gravel pit, secluded, spring fed lake was so nice there, long walk in but worth it. Very few people there and no need for a swim costume :joy:

2 Likes

I love the feeling you have the day afterwards. Like you’ve had a really good wash and all your muscles are relaxed.

1 Like

Yea, the less people the better for swimming.

I like it when the water is really still except for the ripples that I create.

1 Like

Yea it is so nice even just after the swim too.

I usually feel tired just afterwards but great next day.

1 Like

I mean it can be nice to swim with a few others but, when there are lanes and people are swimming behind me, I am not the biggest fan of that…

1 Like

Yeah tough here to get a lane to yourself, I used to go to adult swim but lanes fill up fast, back home there were tons of lakes close by. Here there is just a couple and full of kids so I don’t go

1 Like

Aw, sorry to hear that!

With where I live in the UK, my swimming pool is not usually too busy during weekdays, just in the weekend it gets mad. So I skip weekends… It is awful having to keep up with all the fast swimmers lol.

1 Like

I should try on my swimming trunks, see of the fit, been a long while since I had them on

1 Like

I think that blue tankini is so cute!!!

1 Like

I go to the gym 4 times a week normally, and swim 600m a time.

It works out cheaper using the gym pool than the councils one!

1 Like

We have a pool here at my in-laws and I cannot wait to go swimming! Still a few months away, though. Not warm enough yet. Hopefully that’ll give me enough time to lose some weight. My swimsuits are a size 14 and I’m a size 16 right now. So need to fix that since I don’t want to have to buy bigger.

1 Like

I love swimming, even though I can’t swim except for on my back :joy: it’s just nice being in the water I find.

1 Like

It is isn’t it!

I’m thinking I prefer the black version though. On me.

Not sure.

2 Likes

Btw idk what 600m looks like but 4 times a week is good!

I’m thinking of going Mon Tues and Fridays once it is 13 april.

The pool I go to is 25m long, and an olympic pool is 50m.

If you’re an Apple fan, the Apple Watch is very good for tracking swimming - and pretty much any other exercise you can think of!

1 Like

Hm, sounds like you are pretty fit… Nice going.

I am a real slow swimmer myself but still, I feel the endorphin thingy so that’s cool.

1 Like

Yeah. The black one looks good too

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.