Thinking about coming back

Thank you @Om_Sadasiva for contacting me on reddit.
I salute those that remember me and those that came after.

I’ll give a quick update on my condition, my psychiatrist prescribed me antipsychotics off-label and I feel it is helping with the social discomfort and alogia. I felt very bad on Invega and Risperidone but I can tolerate Latuda well, I’ve been taking it for one year. The only side effect I have is that I find it hard to eat now and I lost a lot of weight.

I’m still the caregiver of my grandmother, she is almost 95 now and sleeps for most of the day.
My mother is doing well, one psychiatrist tricked her into accepting to take Olanzapine for sleeping and she has no side effects (only some weight gain). She now has only mild symptoms (for example if she loses something she thinks I stole it or if she find some stains on the floor she thinks someone broke into our home at night to stain it).

Since June I have been dealing with severe anhedonia, I completely lost interest in videogames. But it is not a bad thing for me because now I can concentrate on helping others with no distractions.

9 Likes

Hey, it’s good to see you back and get an update on how you’ve been doing!

1 Like

Hey it’s good to see you on here @zeno!
Glad things are better for you.

1 Like

Welcome back @zeno!

I remember you! It’s nice to see you around again.

1 Like

@Wave did you fix the problems you had on risperidone?

1 Like

@anon1517417 Did you change name or is just my memory very bad?

1 Like

I’m in the process of slowly reducing my dose from 4mg to 3mg.
I’m currently taking 3.5mg.

If I still feel like a zombie then I’m going to have to take the leap and switch meds.

1 Like

If I remember right you also had diabetes and you were struggling to control that, did you find a solution for that?

1 Like

My blood sugar levels have been pretty stable lately.
Risperidone has not been so bad when it comes to worsening diabetes so much.

I’m on 2000mg of Metformin.
This helps.

1 Like

I tried risperidone one week ago, I started with only 1mg and wasn’t able to walk, felt very nauseous.

1 Like

I’m sorry @zeno
Yeah risperidone is a heavy hitter.

1 Like

Hey dude. Welcome back

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.