Think my most recent diagnosis is accurate

Think my most recent diagnosis of schizoaffective bipolar type is most correct. I spend lots of money and can get agitated at times. Have issues with depression and have psychotic symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations. Really weird how diagnoses can change over time and with different providers. Have been schizoaffective depressive type for the longest time and schizophrenia before that.

5 Likes

Yes it’s strange, if you ask three different psychiatrists, they would give you three different diagnoses. It’s all subjective I think

If you’re comfortable with your latest diagnosis, and it gives you some sense of peace and understanding that’s all that matters

2 Likes

Whatever your diagnosis, is…… don’t over think it. That is just what I think.

2 Likes

That is so true, dwelling doesnt help. I have dwelled on stuff like that in the past and the consequences didnt end well.

1 Like

Do you think that somebodies diagnosis can change over time?. I don’t think so, I think it is rare. I think somebodies diagnosis can change, only if somebodies diagnosis was wrong the first time.

Some people’s diagnosis is hard to figure out.

2 Likes

I was first diagnosed as schizophrenic but my doctor changed it to schizoaffective. I only get paranoid once a week. And I don’t hear things. I only see patterns when I’m really paranoid. I’m still figuring out what other parts are wrong. I have depression and anxiety. I’m also starting to think I have some BPD

1 Like

This site has helped me gain more insight to what has been going on with me.

1 Like

My counselor thought I had Asperger’s, but I disagreed…. Because I am shy and introverted, and mostly because I had no friends…… back then.

1 Like

I started out with disorganized schizophrenia because I would go catatonic for days at a time. Once I improved and stopped going catatonic my label was upgraded(?) to paranoid schizophrenia. I’ve had that for over two decades now.

2 Likes

Sweet upgrade bro

1 Like

Yeah I guess things can change over time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.