Think I'm going to lose my job again

I started working for them as a temp 12 April. Manager took me to the side on Friday. She asked if I’d consider applying for the perm post. So I said yes. But on Monday she says they’ve got the post online and I have only 3 days to apply. Wth ? She didn’t say that on Friday ? She asked to make sure I’ve applied and I have. Are they not happy with my work that I have to reapply like everyone else? If I don’t get it then I’m back to job hunting.

1 Like

If she told you twice to make sure you’ve applied, it sounds like she wants you to get the job. It’s probably just easier for their software if you reapply with everyone else.

5 Likes

Someone even suggested that they must have advertised just for three days so not many would apply. Sounds stupid as the job is practically on NHS jobs

Good luck! I really hope you get it!

2 Likes

I agree with ninjastar. I think the signs are pointing at you.

3 Likes

IDK. Maybe it’s just company policy at this particular company. I would say they’re happy with your work or why else would they even mention making you permanent? If they are hiring from inside the company then they want the best person for the job. So it may be competition between you and someone else.

Maybe they already made up their mind that you will be permeant but they had you re-apply as a formality.

2 Likes

She wouldn’t have told you to be sure to apply if she didn’t want you to have a chance at the job.

Sometimes entry level jobs have short term application windows because HR knows they will get hundreds of applications and it’s a lot of work.

2 Likes

I agree with the others, she would have said nothing if they were not interested in you working there, good luck I hope you get the job!!!

2 Likes

Okay - did you apply online? Just making sure, as it’s not clear from your descriptions. In my last corporate job, they had to post the jobs for everyone, and you had to apply online. It was an anti-corruption safeguard. So if you haven’t applied online, make sure you do!

4 Likes

I applied online to the link she provided

3 Likes

Make sure you tell her you submitted your application

1 Like

Then it sounds like she was posting it for the minimum time possible because she already has a candidate in mind (very likely you) and she wanted to make sure you’d applied. After the posting comes down, another department will probably give her a list of the applicants and their resumes, so she probably didn’t know for sure whether you’d applied yet.

4 Likes

She won’t know anyway only hr do but yes I told her when she asked today

1 Like

If I get it I’d be ecstatic. First thing going right since the beginning of this year

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

Employment law in UK is a bit funny, and company policy in UK is even worse sometimes. They probably have to advertise it to ‘give everyone a fair chance’ when in fact they want to do nothing of the sort. Sounds like they want you.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you. If she’s asking you to apply, that sounds like a good sign.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like they want you at that job. Relax. Just appy asap and keep knocking em dead at work. You go getter you.

1 Like

Our company is like that also , they make you apply just like everyone else for a different position. They probably use the interview to determine wages also. Think it’s just how they do things.

1 Like