Things we took for granted before the pandemic

the roar of a crowd, the taste of communion…anything you miss?

2 Likes

I miss going to the grocery store and impulse buying things just because they look interesting. I miss buying bread instead of making it. I miss goong out to a restaurant. I miss Canada.

4 Likes

I miss hugging my 83 year old Mom…the kids are staying away from my elderly parents.

Yeah. That’s right…I’m just a big Moma’s boy at heart!

6 Likes

Our favorite restaurant in town, Parkside City Restaurant shut down Tuesday with a sign they were built as a family dine in place, had no supplies to fulfill to go orders, so they gave all perishables to the small staff and closed…hope they open back up. They were a place we could feed all of us an entree, side(marinara and noodles, fries, or 2 other options) and a bowl of homemade soup. Their chicken noodle soup is hands down the best thing when you’re sick, which we were and are currently (well, my allergies have started and I have a cold too, yay snot and no allergy meds to control anything. Zyrtec was what I used, but after that bad pdoc incident and I was on 4 allergy meds to combat the vraylar I suffer)

They don’t have a GoFundMe or anything up either. I’d find a way to donate, though I know their bussers and servers (6-8 people) rotate shifts but they were all full time and made way over state min of 7.25 an hour. I thought the one said with tips she averaged 200 a day, cause people that go there are people that have been in Janesville since GM plant was here, so homes were bought and they stayed amidst the fallout. But those regulars tip usually 10 or so bucks, we tip 20 bucks on a 60 dollar ticket. Hell their kids meal fried chicken is literally a chicken cut down the spine in half, battered, and deep fried. Our first time there Kiefer and Raina were 4 and 5th grade, so they did kids meal…the waitress just said it take an hour to cook, i know deep fried chicken takes that when i make it, no problem.

The look on our faces when half a chicken is on each plate along with side…priceless. and Kalick, 6th grade st the time goes “god dammit I want a chicken too” lol. He had a burger the size of his face, so he was just being a smartass.

I hope they make it thru this crisis.

2 Likes

May 28 is my mom’s 50th bday we were gonna drive out to the Black Hills where she is and like for her 30th years ago, spray Happy 50th Birthday in shaving cream on her front lawn, which she lives on a plot with a double wide. My stepdad knew and so did youngest sister, cause that ■■■■■ is the one hoarding shaving cream on her end of the trailer, lol.

3 Likes

I miss the travel but that’s about it.

1 Like

I miss my family, specially my grandmother. I don’t know if I’ll see her again.

1 Like

Milk and toilet paper for sure. And, it’s not a pandemic. We’re only acting like it is.

1 Like

I enjoy dining out on fine food and especially my lunch breaks for work.

But on a positive note I went to a grocery store today and although I didn’t buy a lot they had everything I wanted.

3 Likes

Not constantly thinking I’ll be dead in a few months. I miss that :confused:

2 Likes

A social life. Dancing. Eating out. Groceries and medication being always available.

I actually feel more calm about the corona thing again (for myself) and not worried about getting ill or being locked up now i have food and meds for my kid. As long as my dad doesnt get ill…

Had and have worse things on my mind.

1 Like

I miss being able to meal plan without having to worry about what will be in stock. I miss Tuesday half off night I started going to with my husband.

1 Like

I miss dining out. and all the sports. and going to the gym. and going to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.