Schizophrenia.com

Things that make you irrationally happy

What are the things in life that make you irrationally happy? Talk about your joys! :crown:

Mine would be, a glass of gin and tonic :cocktail: sushi dinner with friends :sushi: , swimming in an ice cold lake :swimmer: , ATV ride :oncoming_automobile: , 3D cinema :eyeglasses: , jewelry :ring: summer :city_sunrise: making new friends :sheep:

6 Likes

…sex…(151515)

JK. Kissing and cuddling with my kid. :baby:

1 Like

I’m really glad you have a kid. I think I waited too long, then got ill and now it just feels impossible and out of reach. My illness is also hereditary, so it’s probably not a good idea. How old is your baby?

My father in law had sz. But i didn’t know it before i got pregnant. I mean, i didn’t even want to get pregnant. :imp:
Luka is 4 now.
How old are you?

The main comment from most people is the happiest they’ve seen me is when I’m around horses.

6 Likes

Horses are so beautiful and noble!

1 Like

I’m turning 27 in October, this would be the ideal time but I’m on meds and not available to care for someone emotionally. I was full of life and energy before the illness. My mom is schizo and I have delusional disorder, I just recently heard that my aunt (mom’s sister) is also doing some crazy stuff but she hasn’t seen a doc yet.

I’ve never been around horses. maybe I can go for an activity before fall though. I remember I rode a camel once, that was fun.

1 Like

Ideal…there is no ideal. Ideal is whenever it’s good for you.
It’s a big thing though. I didn’t take meds during the pregnancy…and yeah, it was a hell.

to where i was and knowing where i am now brings me much happiness and joy…this statement is me 100%

4 Likes

My uncle bred race horses. Kept a horse for his niece (through marriage). making her my 2nd cousin twice removed (I think?) So we are all together. I hoped on the horse one stay. My uncle said it’s the only time he’s ever seen me happy. I think he pushed the issue but was enough for my parents to get me riding lessons. Progressed from there. Damn expressive hobby. So I owned a bay thoroughbred mare in my teens. None of my partners have ever been riders. Frightened of horses even. So tends to be a no go area. I did some volunteering for the riding for the disabled for awhile though.

2 Likes

The tips of evergreen needles in the spring. They’re so bright and soft and silky.

Lamb’s ear leaves. I like leaves in general; when I walk past trees and bushes I often just trail my fingers over them.

All the colors in a blade of grass. I love the way the sunlight shimmers across them and it’s all pink and red and purple and yellow.

The sun coming through the window in the room attached to mine in the morning. I painted it palest blue and white to look like the sky and hung sheer white curtains, and sunrise looks so hopeful coming through it.

The line of stars from Sirius through Orion’s belt through Taurus to the Pleiades. My favorite season is fall, partly because I finally get to see my old friends again.

Cat paws :paw_prints:

Hearing my niece and nephew tell me about their day. I’m not parent material either, but being an aunt is where it’s at.

Painting my toenails.

Seeing my notifications light up :smile:

4 Likes

Here, a notification ! :smile:

4 Likes

Being out on the water makes me very happy. Swimming around… paddling around… rowing or in a bigger boat… I need to be near water.

Rainy afternoons make me very happy…

anytime my sis and I get to kid sit our niece and nephew… love having those two around.

4 Likes

understanding life and all about it, has left me peacefull

1 Like

Looking forward to the end and what’s gonna happen afterwards.

1 Like

most of dreams have come through, just one or two are left :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: in the balance

1 Like

you’re right. I’ve realized a lot of my dreams also. I wish you good luck in achieving the rest :dart:

1 Like

even if my last few didnt come through, i am still humble anyway, so it makes no odds

Going to the flea market and shopping for clothes! Walking to the library or going to a bookshop to buy a book - very exciting! Sitting in front of a cheesy pasta dish, yum! Listening to dance music and dancing to it - in secret.

But mostly - books books books make me happy! Put me near books and I go yippee! :blush:

2 Likes