Things are expensive

Ciggs are 8 euro.
Expensive.
How expensive is your country?
This of Course weighs up with salary.

2 Likes

One packet of cigarettes is over $50 here.
I quit smoking over ten years ago thankfully.

Yesterday I couldn’t afford a peach.
$4.10 for one peach .
It wasn’t huge n heavy.
I put it back on the shelf and went to another shop.

I feel fruit is expensive and I am trying to eat fruit every day for my health.

3 Likes

Wow, $4.10 for a peach, that’s crazy. Talk about a food desert.

1 Like

Haha, peach. Sorry.
When i go shopping food and stuff it can get to 40 euro per time. But i dont shop often.

1 Like

In America things are cheap. It’s all these taxes and regulations that screw everything up and make it miserable. Good intentions end up hurting the most vulnerable including the poor and disabled.

I used to get cigarettes for $4 a pack years ago. Now, it’s $10 a pack. I cannot afford things like I used to on disability. I make my own cigarettes which costs less than $1 a pack. My biggest and only expense is energy drinks. Those are $2 a can without buying in bulk.

3 Likes

In the US and in the south. A pack of 20 cigs is $5.50-$6.00

1 Like

Smokes are about $11.00/pack CDN where I live. I smoked at least two packs a day before I quit. No way I could have managed that on assistance without robbing banks as a hobby. I feel badly for people addicted to tobacco who can’t give it up.

Talking about expensive, I drink about two lattes a day. If I was getting them from Starbucks… Ooof. Average fancy coffee consumption around here is 5-6 per day at $6.00/each retail. Good thing we can make them for under $1.00 with our own espresso maker. They pay for themselves quickly.

4 Likes

I quit smoking over two years ago. But in the Midwest in US 2 years ago they were 7.00

2 Likes

Cigs are hella expensive where I live.

I switched to vaping and couldn’t be happier.

Food is pretty decently priced in my city. Although the prices of beef have gone up significantly. I’m trying to buy less read meat nowadays. Gotta be kind to my heart and wallet.

5 Likes

I made my own energy drinks which was nice. Only problem was the worsening of teeth over regular energy drinks I think. About half the price of buying monsters. I stopped once the stores closed, but that’s just an excuse. I could have easily bought the CO2 anywhere online or even target I think. Only 15 a refill. I got through like 2 a week.

4 Likes

One packet of lucky strike costs 4.10€

1 Like

I think cigs are about $10 a pack here. Dipping snuff is from $7 to $10. I go through two cans a week. Pipe tobacco purchased online is pretty cheap for how long it lasts. My cigar hobby can be spendy but luckily I’m not addicted to cigars or pipe tobacco. The snuff I am which is sad but oh well.

1 Like

I smoke a pack of John Player Special a day, it’s 4 euros here.

1 Like

I smoke 50g pouches of tobacco and they’re £19 and that lasts me 3/4 days max

I need to cut down at some point, but I need to be settled before I can do that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.