They will not admit you to the hospital unless you explicitly say you are going

To kill yourself. So frustrating, they actually try to dissuade you from going.

Emerency care is high dollars. Why do you need to go? You don’t come across as being in crisis from your posts so there’s some things here. What does your psychiatrist say? They usually have a good idea…

1 Like

I must come across as much more in control than I actually am, I guess I am good at seeming composed. I see a psychiatrist tomorrow so I guess I’ll see what they say

If you threaten suicide here in the uk, expect the police to turn up and take you to the A+E. Its taken seriously.

If you say it for attention - youve only got yourself to blame. First thing they will do is breathalyse you too.

Hospital is a last resort.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

Are You Suicidal Right Now, @Artandfood?.

Maybe Discover Your Thoughts In A New Light To Succumb To More Tranquil Vanish Instead.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

Most mental health providers in the states have a lot on their plate already

The legalization of cannabis w/o large investment in addictions treatment is also a problem. At least in my state. So you’ll be competing with these people for beds in the hospital.

If you’re not a danger to yourself or others maybe you should look into outpatient.

But yeah, inpatient is really for people who are a danger to themselves or others. If your not experiencing this you need to look at alternatives

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.