They took my kids

That sounds really hard, i really feel for you, i will pray for you to get well and your wife and that you guys can live together with your children and i am also sorry to hear about your cat as well :frowning:

are your children quite young? hopefully it wont affect them too badly, i know 2 women who both had 4 kids each and they had a bad time and had their kids taken into care :frowning: its not nice, i can only imagine how they and you must feel.

1 Like

Thank you for your prayers. It really does feel terrible. I feel like I have failed as a parent. My kids are 6 and 8.

1 Like

Please don’t feel too bad, you had a really bad spell, now you need to try and stay with it and try and convince the social work that you can be trusted to look after your kids, you got to try and mend those broken bridges,

When you see your kids again tell them you are really sorry about what happened and give them a big hug.

I’m so excited I got to see my kids today. We just had a meeting with the cpl people and I kind of got my kids back. They said because of my mental illness that i’m not allowed to be alone with my kids. The cps people are sending over someone everyday except saturday to chaperone. So now I don’t know how this is going to work but I guess that there is just going to be a person sitting in the corner watching me. Talk about being a trigger for my paranoia, I have no idea about someone watching me all the time.

1 Like

When I was 6 my mum went to the hospital for depression and a suicide attempt.

I even remember telling my dad that I couldn’t wake mama up, and I remember the firemen coming to get her and one of them gave me a dalmation stuffy.

She was gone for a while, around a month. I never resented her or anything, I just thought of it like she was sick and had to go to the hospital.

Kids are pretty nonjudgemental and forgiving compared to adults. I wasn’t confused about why my mum was gone, I did of course miss her. But when I saw her again it was like she never left.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Your kids will always love you. You just need to focus on getting better. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Also about your cat, did nobody try and find someone to feed it? You obviously were unable to so someone should have made arrangements.

I would sue. That is so terrible. To me, a pet dying is one of the worst things to happen.

1 Like

The cat was being cared for by my wife while I was in the hospital. I think the cat died of natural causes. He had been sick for a couple of days before he died. I think he may have had salmonella because he took a bite out of raw chicken that I had defrosting on the counter.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss.

Wow, that’s really cool you got your kids back, just got to keep them now, try and think of the observer as like a guest, treat her with respect and make her stay more comfortable, try and get to know her, she could end up being a good friend :wink:

2 Likes

Friend know that you will find here the warm hand of friendship.
You don’t have to justify or explain yourself to anyone if you don’t want to.
There are enough caring people here who will try and be there for you in what way we can. Welcome and hope life get better for you and yours.

Thank you for all your kind words.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.