These Men Trained Their Brains To Defeat Their Worst Schizophrenia Symptoms

In the training research being done with Sz patients the average gain across the various performance measures was half a Standard Deviation. Some people would have gained more and others less.

When I did the training the results I got were quite dramatic. However my brain is relatively intact (according to MRI scan) and my cholinergic burden from the meds is light.

2 Likes

Brain Fitness on “Larry King Now”, general discussion.

3 Likes

i concluded that we can grow grey matter through proper diet,exercise (physical and mental) and brain training programme!!!

1 Like

THanks for posting all the videos about this - a very important topic. Really appreciate the info.!

Dr. Sophia Vinogradov’s Lecture on Schizophrenia - “The Golden Age of Schizophrenia Treatment”.

3 Likes

I suspect that most of those audial/visual experiences are result of a nervous mind producing too many receptors; in turn drawing in too much outside noise.

The anxiety resulting from uncovering strange sciences usually only associated with comic heroes and Star Trek.

I believe most people do have those audial/visual experiences but only as they are drifting off to sleep and ignore them as brain clutter.

If the individual can accept and get used to the situation (in later years I’ve personally found the humor in it all) it might begin to calm them down enough to the point where not as much clutter is being received.

Accepting is a cognitive exercise however; being able to find the benefit or well intention of concepts and situations that, at first, appear sinister or bizarre.

1 Like

Here’s a 3 minute promo clip from Posit Science, this time about Cindy Ryan’s recovery from brain fog due to chemotherapy.

1 Like

Here’s the Posit Science PBS TV promo and a good basic introduction to the concept of brain training. The promo is for the Brain Fitness Program, which was the previous incarnation of www.brainhq.com

1 Like

I like this game

Sophia Vinogradov has a new brain training lab at the University of Minnesota, and they’re looking for study participants. I’m going to sign up.

http://vinogradovlab.com/

1 Like

I live in minnesota too but unfortunately I’m not interested. I don’t have a lot of faith that this stuff will produce results.

Note that Vinogradov’s study is conducted completely online and travel to Minnesota is not required. You will also be paid for your participation. The training protocols used are the brainHQ online cognitive training and the PRIME smartphone app. PRIME is an app currently in development that targets daily goals and negative symptoms, and includes online social support as a feature of the app.

http://vinogradovlab.com/

1 Like

This is great - thanks for posting. I recommend everyone interested in recover try this out. You have nothing to lose by trying it - and there is an increasing amount of positive research behind this approach.

Definitely worth a try. Please report back on results - pro or con - if you do try it.

PRIME app demo video.

1 Like