There's been a man on my roof for two hours

And this ■■■■ is starting to piss me off. Guy showed up at our rental farmhouse without a heads up and just started working and pounding this morning at 8am. This scummy no good has been up there for over two hours pounding around the chimney and I know he’s here to help fix a leak but damn…

can’t even knock on the door? I mean I thought country people were like courteous, (hey partner, it’s 8am and I’m gonna just get up there and fix your shit okay??)

Prick.

AND our landlords didn’t even give us a heads up. I’m a schizo veteran, and when I hear people on my roof at 8am I go for a shotgun most of the time. (But I don’t own one). Just freaked us both out because it’s like these people don’t necessarily want to accept us in this tiny town.

DON’T like surprises.

Call the cops and complain next time. As I think the law is like 9am in most civilized countries.

1 Like

that would freak me out as well. i, too, dislike suprises. hope he leaves ASAP and that you manage to avoid having any more of that crap. best to you.

1 Like

I’m going to have a cigarette.

1 Like

Undo like I decided to have my nicotine gum. I swear …

1 Like

The law out here in canada is 7am, on weekends it is 8am

2 Likes

omg I know how you feel just a simple drilling nextdoor foe me feel like a complete invasion. my advice get out go for a walk and phone your landlors say you would like written warning before any work is done on your house that is reasonable.

1 Like

Canadian? Good love for those who can endure SO MUCH COLD! After the cold sunrise it does get warm I’ve learned (camping)…

1 Like

LevelJ1…you ever have to shovel snow off a roof mate???

Yeah, it would have been common courtesy to knock on your door and for him to tell you he will be working up there. He was totally in the wrong.

I’m up in Canada too. It’s been about 20℃ all week here :slight_smile: It’s not as cold as you’d think. We do get the odd day of -30℃ in the winter though and if it snows too much they cancel school.

1 Like

I live in an apartment complex and they’re constantly doing stuff around here that I don’t know about. They’ve been fixing roofs around here lately as well, but we’ve had some storm damage so I guess it was too be expected…about I don’t know a month or two ago we had an F1 tornado hit through…they’re still repairing. Then people move in and out all the time and they’re cleaning apartments making all kinds of noises with that. A while ago they had to replace all the carpets in the main hallways, and repaint the hallway walls. They do weekly yard work which causes all kinds of racket…I got really mad when they cut down all the trees that were in the back of our property and put a stupid sidewalk in their wake. I preferred the trees…it gave a bit of a buffer from noise of the highway.

But I with all the noise and constant goings on here, I don’t mind the complex. Other than building repairs it’s fairly quiet around here (people wise), most of the people are friendly, and I feel safe here. I guess that’s the most important thing. I feel safe…as a paranoid schizophrenic that’s important to me.

1 Like

I do window cleaning with these brush poles up to 4 stories high from the ground. that usually freaks people out when they see a brush cleaning there window and there on the 4th floor lol

1 Like