There comes a peace when you don’t bring attention to your suffering

For the first years of my illness I talked so much about how poorly I felt. From now on I will not talk about it because when I dont, I feel better. It’s a paradox.

11 Likes

Yeah suffering is a part of life no matter what. Its what you do in spite of it that matters. Push on brother.

3 Likes

That’s a good and positive way to look at it.

1 Like

The more you talk about how miserable your life is, the more miserable your life is.

Fake it 'til you make it.

5 Likes

The mind magnifies whatever it focus attention on. Best wishes for success to you!

3 Likes

I faked it and found out it is real. I thank you for sharing this way for me.

Well, you’re welcome. The credit goes to AA - it’s where I learned it and it worked for me to my surprise.

:blush:

1 Like

Theres no easy pill to stop suffering. Sometimes it takes a lifetime for some it’s a quick fix but that doesn’t mean it’s easy for wveryone

1 Like

Yea man… I always feel better after letting go. I had to do it this morning and it’s super hard to let go of those negative thoughts

the less help you need the more help you get in return.

I don’t recommend suffering in silence, but you could always use analogies when you wish to relay something to others. one way of faking it.

Ya, my mom shared me a psychologist talking to Joe Rogan about how depression is magnified by rumination and talking too much about your problems. I tend to do that a lot. People don’t get better.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.