There are about 1 million more job openings than people looking for work

2 Likes

Here in Canada the government recently made new jobs open, about 100 000 jobs.

1 Like

2 Likes

I have barely and badly filled out my LinkedIn profile. It basically says I’m a commercial insurance broker with close to five year experience. No other history entered. Am now receiving a constant stream of job offers despite my crappy profile.

2 Likes

I am interviewing for all kinds of stuff. Managing a valet parking operation, supporting exercises for the USMC, infinity sales man, Harley Davidson salesman, aviation safety manager with an airline, Acura service writer, aircraft mechanic.

The list goes on. Probably won’t work for the IRS much longer.

4 Likes

Oh man, this would be a bad one for me. I’d be handing out helmets and kevlar and encouraging staff to have a smash-up derby with exotic cars. The employment would be short-lived, but thoroughly enjoyable.

Good luck on finding a job where you’re hated less! (Insurance brokers can sort of relate to tax collectors.)

2 Likes

LOL. This will be my third interview with the parking company. They have two hotels here and want me to expand into New Orleans.

They are going to pay me more than the IRS does and I make pretty good money there. The last person I told I worked for the IRS he asked me if I have any friends. The only plus is it’s mostly remote. I work from home.

4 Likes

I just landed a job a couple of days after replying. Normally it takes a few weeks before the hiring process is done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.