Therapy with spouse

I started seeing my social worker again. Hadn’t seen her for a few months. Since January.

She mentioned she would like my wife to come so I told the Mrs about it. She says she is going to go. I don’t know how I feel about this yet.

My wife is going to tell her probably about all my odd behavior and symptoms when she says I am off. I usually only tell her what I choose to. I will try it this once and see what comes of it.

I guess I will find out in two weeks.

2 Likes

As much as I hate to admit my odd behaviors, because they are natural to me, others will notice. Accepting, is difficult. There will be moments when you will see things from other perspectives. I happen to get set in my own way quiet regularly.

2 Likes

You know I went to therapy with my husband before when I wasn’t really into it. I just had to go to be in compliance for insurance purposes and to get my meds. It wasn’t too bad. He brought up a lot of my symptoms that I would have never complained about and I got a lot of advise that I would have never gotten otherwise. I think it will be ok.

2 Likes

My wife used to come with me to see my psychiatrist before I was discharged from the military. She took notes of the visits and challenged the doctor.

He told her she didn’t have to come anymore and my wife said he was a male chauvinist. That was several years ago.

This will be my first time bringing her to a therapist.

My best friend is coming to an appointment with me soon, at the request of my pdoc. He was trying to get me to seek help for years before I actually did though, and I do trust that in some ways he has better insight into my more unusual behavior than I do.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.