Theory again

Is Schizophrenia the split between thinking and feeling?

When the thinking and feeling is imbalance, the sufferer is believed to have abnormal levels of thoughts and moods. The isolated thoughts has something to do with positive symptoms of Schizophrenia while isolated moods has something to do with negative symptoms.

Disclaimer: This finding is without any scientific evidence.

1 Like

I think sza more involves moods. Sz is being badly out of touch with reality - having hallucinations and/or delusions.

I have always thought the way I do all along, but it wasn’t until a person very close to me who should have been on my side, started playing very disturbing mind games with me-then of course denying everything.
This sent me on a downward spiral until all the hope and life was drained from me. Backed into a corner, I tried to leave this world, but that person would be even more disturbing by “saving” me (from himself).

I was evaluated at the psych hospital with: Thought disorder, D.I.D (dissociation) and Depression with psychotic features,
but the Pdoc was leaning towards SZ/SZa, but that would take longer to Dx than theinitial 3days.

Bottom line is,
I passed for normal until put in a pressure cooker without escape, the “not normal” could be kept under wraps no more.

So did that unhealthy environment “cook” my SZ/SZa to perfection?

I think so.
and there it is.

1 Like

I passed for normal until put in a pressure cooker without escape, the “not normal” could be kept under wraps no more.

Same happened to me.

I think… what thoughts you have that seem satisfying… or necessary are highly dependent on your chemical state…

People who are low on serotonin and dopamine with no hope of raising either might take to dismal escapist/suicidal thoughts… while when they have the sense of “pleasure” to expend… take to more light and entertaining thoughts.

It does kind of work both ways in my experience… controlling thoughts can enable a better capacity to cope… even if the negative thoughts are still creeping in every so often.

Schizophrenia is more or less a craptastic show of inescapable hallucinations…