TheCanuk's Insomnia Thread

Any fellow night owls still awake and brousing the forum? I just took 2 mg of Ativan, hoping to sleep soon… gotta be up in 5 hours for work.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m still awake. May make another run through of guitar practice in a bit. I don’t feel like I am going to sleep anytime soon.

1 Like

How’s it going overall with your guitar playing?

1 Like

Pretty good. I’d record the segment I’m playing but I cant turn it up loud enough for recording well atm. I moved onto 5th string this last Monday. One more to go and I will be playing all strings on the guitar. I’m currently playing “Greensleeves” primarily as a practice song if you have ever heard of that. Give me a few more months and I may be playing tunes more people are familiar with. I will definitely post when I do.

1 Like

@Bowens - Sounds like you’re doing well with it man! Keep us updated on how it goes moving forward. I need to find a hobby.

1 Like

The idea for guitar actually came from this board. I posted that I needed a hobby or a job or something and someone mentioned taking up an instrument. It’s a great hobby, you should consider it. It is all consuming for me. I always want to make progress. Partially because I want to show progress for instructor and partially from my own desire to improve.

3 Likes

I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. I’m hoping for 8 tonight.

2 Likes

Hey man!

I walked to the library when they opened at 9 this morning and picked up the movie, “X.”

Probably going to throw that on here in a minute.

1 Like

I hope you enjoy it bud!

1 Like

Just slept from 6:30 to 8:30. I hope I can fall back asleep soon.

“Greensleeves” was one of my favorite songs when I used to play the violin! Unfortunately, I have no ear and quit the violin after 5 years when I finally realized how much I sucked.

1 Like

Iirc you aren’t taking your ap right, insomnia is the first sign of relapse, good luck

Or a sign that I broke my back when I was younger and the resultant pain makes sleeping difficult.

I’m the opposite. I’m sleeping 13 hours the last couple of nights. Which is more than usual.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.