The worst side effect of ap meds?

Hey guys, as above thoughts?

2 Likes

I’d say weight gain

4 Likes

Anhedonia or emotional blunting.

1 Like

Parkinson’s syndrome, and restless legs are the worst.

1 Like

I’ll second that, while calling it avolition. What is to profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul? What is to profit a man if part of him cares about trying to do a little good in this world, but he can’t motivate himself to get out of bed and make a buck to contribute to charity?

4 Likes

akathisia 151515

2 Likes

That it makes me vulnerable and have to take insults,abuse and can’t defend myself cause the medication makes me vegetable. I can’t even go to a pub. I am exposed to aholes. I had a good friend and invited me to the nightlife. He said i do the fighting and you eat popcorn.:joy:

1 Like

Will go with some of the community responses.

• Depression.
  • Akathisia.

Two of my most preeminent are:

• Suicidal ideations.
  • Depersonalisation.
1 Like

Diskinesia is the worst.

1 Like

Weight gain, followed closely by akathesia AKA “The Devil’s Legs”

:upside_down_face:

Weight gain. It changes how people judge you when you meet them as well as knocking confidence and causing other health problems.

Sedation is also really bad on some drugs. I found Quitapine (Seoquel) made me feel like a zombie. Slower to react to things, sleeping all the time etc. Not fun.

1 Like

I’d have to say Zyprexa elevating my blood sugar.

1 Like

I agree with @Greenmind. Tardive diskinesia is the worst because it’s permanent

2 Likes

weight gain followed by tasrtiditve dyskenisia. Still better than psychosis

1 Like

Fainting, going unconscious.

its not permanent, you just go on a drug holiday to alleviate symptoms

1 Like

Some doctor’s formerly believed that it was permanent in some cases. Has the current medical consensus changed on that? I understand that you are a student of medicine, so I thought you might know something about that.

I thought that extrapyrimidal symptoms were stopped when the AP was stopped, but that TD was permanent

1 Like

Gyno and weight gain.

Negative symptoms.

2 Likes