The worst pain ever

So I just recovered from the worst CRAMP in my calf muscle! It cramped up so bad my foot was twisted. It took about 3 minutes long and they were the longest minutes ever. :tired_face::weary: I take in plenty of electrolytes and do easy, small stretches every day. I’ve had cramps happen in my feet, calves, throat, hands, arms, stomach. It all hurts so bad. What could it be?

Might be meds, I get the same

1 Like

Potassium deficiency can cause it. I used to get terrible leg cramps but eating bananas or baked potatoes daily really helps.
Having said that, there are probably a lot of other things it could be

3 Likes

Well, I do squats and run so I may be putting too much strain on my muscles.

Slam some dill pickle juice. It’s amazing for clearing out exercise cramping.

3 Likes

I’ve heard about pickle juice. It does work.

1 Like

@rogueone @shutterbug will do. Thanks guys :grin:

1 Like

There is something the lads at the cricket club drink to help stop cramps. I think it’s available at those health stores where you get protein and stuff. They just mix it up with water but don’t know the name. Some of the older guys swear by it. The cricket club is shut otherwise I’d find out for you…maybe try a health store.

2 Likes

Thanks. Places are closed here too. We have one of those here, where they sell protein shakes, and energy powders. When they reopen I’ll go ask.

1 Like

Yeah that is the spot. They drink it before games and it’s usually hot. Most of the old boys struggle but they swear by it. It’s similar to glucose…it may be something similar I just haven’t paid much attention because I don’t bowl…I’m a batter so I’m not doing as physical things. And…still worthwhile checking in with a general practitioner…Just in case something is a little off.

1 Like

I will, thank you. :grin:

could be a deep vein thrombosis, would need an ultrasound to rule it out. common in women who take contraceptives.

1 Like

I am taking them, yes. It could be a possibility. But I can’t be seen right now. Everywhere is closed. Including the hospital. It’s packed with Covid 19 patients.

1 Like

I have MD so it’s common in my condition. Have you tried to massage the part of leg that hurts?

1 Like

I have, it just feels like it’s going to happen again. So I just rested it on a pillow. I’m afraid to move.

Wow crazy that should happen just last week for a week solid I woke up one day and my ankle was twisted I was hobbling around walking sideways it hurt so bad and I don’t even know what started it…

1 Like

I know for myself most of the time its a lack of water and too much toxins like coffee and alcohol. When i have a twisted nerve on my foot i roll my feet over a bottle slowly on the floor.

1 Like

Charlie horses are the worst. But if it’s possible you are low on electrolytes I wonder if Pedialyte could help you. Can be found in the baby aisle.

My old liquor store used to conveniently sell them there too.

Hope you feel better.

1 Like

Maybe your not getting enuf water drink some juice

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking water and Gatorade. It’s happened again, but it didn’t last but 5 seconds. I’ve been eating bananas and massaging the area. So far so good.