The Voices broke through my 700mg dose of Seroquel

I have been symptom free for 6 months …since I started Seroquel. It took over 2 years to get the right medicine and the correct dose to shut the voices up. But during dance class today…I heard 2 voices and then a whole cafe of voices. It lasted the whole hour. I was also feeling dizzy. I am on 700mg of Seroquel and 50mg of Zoloft. I really thought I would never have a breakthrough…it is scary and aggravating at the same time. Could a little stress trigger a breakthrough? I was stressed when my dad thought I needed to do volunteer work. I’m 17 and I just can’t juggle it right now. I feel as though I let him down. Then, when I went to my psychiatrist appointment… he mentioned that my dad was discussing volunteer work. I wish they both knew how it felt like to battle this mental illness and how 700mg of Seroquel knocks me out at around 3:30…

1 Like

@Rosie1 Stress causes me breakthrough symptoms too, as does social anxiety/crowds. I take Vraylar daily and Xanax on occasions that I will be stressed or dealing with lots of people.

2 Likes

I used to have breakthrough symptoms during high stress situations, but I’ve learned to take it easy. I’m currently on 200mg of seroquel which has contained my symptoms so far.

1 Like