The urge to be bad?

Does anybody else get this urge to do something bad. (Not anything criminal just something socially frowned upon or something you know you shouldn’t do.) Theres pressure on you to always be good and to always meet all kinds of expectations and you fear their (the ones who put the expectations on you) disappointment. So you want to disappoint them in hopes that they’ll lower their expectations of you. Or is that just me?
You dont ever act on the urge but it’s still there.

1 Like

Having expections to me is like saying you already have bad expections about everything and everyone else. Can’t have one without the other I guess. :man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I’m assuming you don’t mean drugs or alcohol.

jk.

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not quite sure I’m understanding what you’re saying.

1 Like

No no. No drugs or alcohol. It would definitely shock people, but no.

2 Likes

I sometimes have this deep urge to start screaming really late at night.

I never act on it though, never will.

There’s just a dark part of me that would find it very funny. I live around a lot of people I don’t get along with too great, and they go to bed relatively early.

2 Likes

Ohh okay guess I mean like, you wouldn’t know good without the bad or bad without the good.

2 Likes

@Montezuma At least we know not to act upon our urges. Impulse control. (Something that I’ve gotten at least a little better at)

@WokieGlitch That makes more sense. I still wish there wasnt as many expectations.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, expections can be put highly but it’s generally from people who want the best from you… or can see you hitting those expectations.

2 Likes

Like giving the finger to another driver? I feel that need often lol

1 Like

I was just reading that impulsiveness is good for creativity.

no restraints.

1 Like

@WokieGlitch Yes, I suppose that is true.

@FatMama I think that is definitely an urge that a lot of people feel.

@Daze I agree that, in creativity, impulsiveness is good, but its not good in every day life.

1 Like

ha, ohh, misguided one. creativity is in everything.

1 Like

Yeaaa I do.

I actually just wrote a post about getting over bullying but I’ve defended myself maybe over a little more than I had to before. :rofl:

Lol we’re not all saints aren’t we.:joy:

1 Like

Not an urge, but I’ve always wanted to create a work of art so stupid that it causes anyone
that sees it to have a lower IQ. Perhaps this very post that I’m typing right now is it.----------

1 Like

@Daze Yes and no. We might just have to agree to disagree.

@anon30470407 no we aren’t. Bah being saints and such is overrated anyways.

@screwercs Nope. You’re time to shine has not come yet. I smiled at your post and admire your ambition. I’m sure that piece of art will emerge eventually. When it does I would like to see it.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I feel like just saying “Screw it” and chucking this life away.

1 Like

Well based on your response and everybody else’s at least I’m not the only one. As long as we dont actually act on our urges. That wouldnt be very good.

Sometimes when I’m in an episode I fantasise about walking down the road in my nightgown and wandering around at night. Or cutting all my hair off and starting to smoke. But I’ve never acted on these impulses. (Except the haircut a few times!)

2 Likes

Mmmm I mean a lot of times I struggle with the urge to give into unhealthy habits of mine such as eating crap food for example. But these things aren’t really morally bad so much as just bad for me. I get frustrated and stressed trying to be on top of everything all the time.

1 Like