Schizophrenia.com

The Unmotivated Club

This club is for anyone that feels unmotivated in their activities of daily living. Find yourself in a chaotic house and need to clean badly? Can’t make yourself shower?

This is your chance to make baby steps and begin to move forward. Any forward movement counts.

Now some ground rules!

1. You are not allowed to put yourself down.
  2. No negativity.
  3. The past is the past. This is now.

You do not need to talk about how you got here. Just focus on what you have done today. Lift up the other posters! Celebrate everything you accomplish no matter how small a step you think it is

20 Likes

@FatMama, here we go!

I will start.

I helped grocery shop again today, carry stuff in, and put it away. I am making dinner.

8 Likes

marx

I accepted delivery of groceries and hiked three miles today. Tonight I plan to do some training for an upcoming job.

8 Likes

Awesome! Take any pics on your hike?

3 Likes

the hike is actually the incline setting on a treadmill. i can send you a pic of the treadmill!? :smile:

3 Likes

Haha! Sure! Go for it.

2 Likes

I did all my dishes today and wiped down my counter where I keep my coffee pot on!

The coffee pot area was getting a little gunky haha.

9 Likes

Great job! Reminds me I need to set the coffee up in a minute for morning brewing

2 Likes

Feeling a bit depressed today but I managed to prepare myself a snack and coffee.

9 Likes

Self care is very important!

4 Likes

I finally have the drive to exercise again, therefore making me more motivated to do other things around the house. Luckily my gym has been opened, so I’ve been going to the gym again. Feels nice to weight lift and run again.

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I always felt motivated in my gym days

2 Likes

I did my bloodwork this morning and made supper. That’s about all. At least it is something.

8 Likes

I might buzz off my mustache with beard trimmers later tonight.

I like goatees or clean shaven more.

Now, no sniffling guys, I know you’re all going to miss my luscious 'stache.

:crazy_face:

6 Likes

I emptied my boyfriends dishwasher.:metal:t5:

I have to change my sheets.think it’s been a couple of months but I keep putting it off and have such resistance to do things.

I did two errands for my boyfriend.
(Bought bread and compressor for him with his own money though).

Now I have resistance to visit the platonic love of my life.why…

I gave my dog his medication.

I put makeup on.

I brushed my hair and changed clothes.

I drove to a nearby town and got out of parking spot with no dramas.

I waited in a Aldi line for half a hour.

I exchanged a sentence with a lady in the line.

:slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts:

10 Likes

I went to the store and did the dishes today

I also went back to the store to exchange some bread because the one I got was bad!

Great job everybody

8 Likes

Good job! :slight_smile:

You did a lot today, @TheStrange.

5 Likes

Thanks Monte! :hugs:

5 Likes

Today is Friday, one of my days off from work. I read emails for 2 hours. I watched a movie for two hours. I took a 20 minute walk. I made a nice dinner that came out well. I tried to sit patiently and think.

12 Likes

This afternoon I grilled BBQ chicken legs and potatoes for me and the family. My mother prepared them but I grilled them. Tomorrow I should cut my hair, shave my beard and shower.
I will post here once that is done tomorrow.

10 Likes