The Truth Is When It Comes to Society I Don't Have a Clue

I often find myself not knowing the simplest rules of how to behave in social situations. For one thing when I write something about relationships on here I almost always get flagged by the community. Obviously I am at fault for that. For another I have always been a failure at being in a serious relationship with a woman. I also find that I have few guy friends as well. When I was in my 40’s I went to the Psych Ward and watched a basketball game with some guys. For the first time I realized that was the first time I had done it with non family members. I made up for that some by watching some games with some guys at the apartment I was at during the time. I also participated in bingo and movie nights there but only as an individual. I guess it was the long periods I spent in isolation plus learning to deal with the voices as my “society” rather than real society. I wonder if that is common with the mentally ill.

1 Like

I’m anxious out in society because I lack social skills, I’m unlikeable, and I’m dull because of my meds.

1 Like